[ID] A couple of natives

Forum for requesting identification of unknown species. Please read the Sticky on requirements prior to posting.
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

[ID] A couple of natives

Post by MattA »

Over the last few years I have been doing a fair bit of experiments with collecting native material. One of last springs pieces is flowering so i thought I would take the opportunity to get a few ID's on some.
in flower.jpg
R0015214rs.jpg
R0015219rs.jpg
Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
Joel
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: A yet to be found native
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: The School of Bonsai

Re: [ID] A couple of natives

Post by Joel »

Hi Matt,

The first I have no idea about. Goodeniaceae maybe?

The second looks like Rutaceae due to the bumps. I am going to guess Philotheca hispidula.
http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/cgi-b ... ~hispidula

The third is Lomandra obliqua.
http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/cgi-b ... ra~obliqua

Any more photos of the first?

Joel
MattA
Banned
Banned

Post by MattA »

Hey Joel,

Thanks heaps for the ID on the Lomandra, I dont think the second is Philotheca but shall wait till its flowering & then post more pics.

Heres the extra pic of the first plus another that you may be able to help with.
R0015232rs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
Joel
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: A yet to be found native
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: The School of Bonsai

Post by Joel »

Hmmmm, still not sure on that first. I'll check my books later and get back to you.

The second is hard to tell without a flower, though it may be a species of Pultenaea, Gompholobium, Dillwynia or similar pea. My guess would be Gompholobium latifolium. Here is a key that may help if it is a Gompholobium species:
http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/cgi-b ... mpholobium

Joel
MattA
Banned
Banned

Post by MattA »

Hey Joel,

thanks for looking into it for me, I will wait till the others are in flower & get some more pics. I am starting to have more & more success with my natives following a few simple methods so expect more to come into the future.

It would be really cool if it is the Gompholobium or similar, there are a few of them that I have been eyeing off for ages but so far had no luck with, this could be my break into them.

Japh, if your reading this stop it & get back to work on that software :P

Matt
42 Mice ~Imperfection

Return to “Species Identification”