[Category 3] Coprosma quadrifidia

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st May 2011. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

timbrown13
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Nothofagus cunninghamii
Bonsai Age: 3

[Category 3] Coprosma quadrifidia

Post by timbrown13 »

Before I enter I need to clarify my newbie status. I have had a Ficus benjamina for 17 years which I tried to 'bonsai' a couple of times. See images in Australian Natives > Ficus benjamina. I dont believe that I learnt anything either time, I didnt attend classes or a club, I thought that it would be easy. In August 2010 I joined Waverley Bonsai Group and that is the time I consider that I took bonsai seriously. If I am considered a newcomer, can someone please delete this intro or if I am considered experienced please delete this entry. Thanks. Tim

Species Coprosma quadrifidia (not mirror bush)
Years in training <1.
Size 15cm high and 30 cm wide
Artist: Tim Brown, Vic

I brought this as nursery stock and I shaped it in the broom style, following a awesome looking bonsai from a book. Mine looks nothing like the book :whistle: .
When I took this photo I had just removed the first lot of wire and it was beginning to take shape.
CQ2 - Coprosma quadrifida5.jpg
About a month ago I thought that it feet were getting to wet so I put it on the dry shelf out of the rain to dry out. My son got sick and I didnt attend to my plants for 4 days and it dried out. My son is better now, but the plant still has a long way to recover. :(
CQ2 - Coprosma quadrifida7.jpg
CQ2 - Coprosma quadrifida8.jpg
There is new shoots appearing and the shape should not be too badly affected. :fc:

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2011”