[Category 2] Eucalyptus Apple Box Lignotuber 10mths

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st May 2011. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

Noramay
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: Sale Bonsai Club

[Category 2] Eucalyptus Apple Box Lignotuber 10mths

Post by Noramay »

appleBoxLigntuber.JPG
Here is my entry, my hubby is pretty sure it is an apple box which was in amongst his trees which he was growing to plant in shelter belts around the farm, anyway I had been reading the book 'Bonsai with Australian Native Plants' and was keen to have a go growing a tree from a lignotuber, our clubs secretary had just given me this pot when I spotted this tree while watering and decided to have a go.
After removing all growth from above and below the tuber it was simply tied into the pot with grafting tape (comerciall potting mix used), within a month it was firmly in the pot and had shot about 20 shoots out which I then cut down to 2, as it grows more will probably remove one of these aswell.
appleboxClose.JPG
Here is a close up of the base which is 35mm across at the widest and the tree is 100mm high above the soil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gocny on March 26th, 2011, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: format
Mummy of three under three, I love having my arms full

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2011”