Cascade fig

Discussions and pictures relating to bonsai under 25cm in height.
kez
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines, Junipers
Bonsai Age: 0

Cascade fig

Post by kez »

Hey folks,

This is a little cascade PJ I have been working on for about a year now. It started life as a young, uninteresting and upright tree that I bought along with a few others as I wanted to work on some ground up stuff. Something about this tree made me bend it in half and start to build it as a cascade
IMG_4212 (1024x683).jpg
Today I rewired and touched up the styling, and moved it from a larger training style pot into the pot that it sits in now.

Here's my thoughts,

It has a way to go yet, and I am working hard to get the strength into the lower areas by restricting the growth that occurs further up the tree. Frustratingly thought it seems more inclined to throw new shoots off of the trunk rather than push growth in the existing branches but I hope i'm winning.

I also think the pot is better than the tree, but it is a better pot that it was in, and hopefully I can balance them out better in time

Hope you all enjoy, as always any thoughts are welcome

Kerrin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple, Pine, Fig
Bonsai Age: 34

Re: Cascade fig

Post by wrcmad »

kez wrote:I also think the pot is better than the tree, but it is a better pot that it was in, and hopefully I can balance them out better in time
I noticed it was a very nice pot. :tu2:
But a tree is always better to have than a pot.

Return to “Shohin”