Morus the Twisted

Discussions and pictures relating to bonsai under 25cm in height.
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Morus the Twisted

Post by MattA »

Last spring I found 2 self sown seedlings in some of my 'dead stock' that 'lives' under a black english mulberry. Instead of ditching like normal & thought why not see what can be done in a year towards some shohins, wired twisted rootpruned & planted in the ground. During spring I kep close eye & continued moving bits round as they grew, set a few sacrifice's & let them go.. This morning I got in & dug them both..
Dscn0975rz.jpg
The one on the left has heavily divided foliage so all the offcuts have been planted out, the one on the right has far better nebari & I like the trunkline that has developed but doesnt have the nice foliage. Both trunks are around 35-40mm dia with several options for the next stage of development :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
vgarth
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: shimpaku
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Victoria, Northern Suburbs Bonsai Club, Bonsai Norws

Re: Morus the Twisted

Post by vgarth »

Looks like they have potential. :yes:
DavidWilloughby
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: IBS

Post by DavidWilloughby »

Hi Mice

As Val said, they both have a tonne of potential. Perhaps you might not be so hasty to remove any future self sown seedlings. ;)

Cheers

David

EDITED: grammar/stynax
Last edited by DavidWilloughby on July 7th, 2013, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neli
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tropical
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Bonsai alaminutte

Post by Neli »

I have seen some fantastic mulberries, and I belief the leaf reduces...though not sure how much...Good material!
I ask lots of questions that sound like suggestions. Please remember I am a inquisitive newbie trying to figure out why You made a particular decision, in order to learn.
I started a blog:http://nelibonsai.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... a-nursery/

Return to “Shohin”