Mame styling

Discussions and pictures relating to bonsai under 25cm in height.
Myco_Guy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Mame styling

Post by Myco_Guy »

Hi all,

Bit of a long time lurker, first time poster deal here. I've been enthusiastic about bonsai for some time, but only recently started getting into a bit more seriously.
I recently picked up what is probably classed as mame sized pot (it's about 7cm by 5cm) for some sheoaks (C. cunninghamiana) that I germinated recently. I was toying with the idea of perhaps a forest or raft, depending on how many seedlings pull through - is either or these going to give me less trouble in the long term, and would these styles actually look any good at this size?

Thanks
anthonyW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs,Pines.
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Mame styling

Post by anthonyW »

Hi Myco-Guy,cunninghamiana is one of the largest oaks and a express grower in habit,trying to trap/contain this in mame will not be easy in my opinion,I have them they keep you on your toes,might want to have a look at other varieties in shohin and native sections for size and growing habits,just a thought before to you start...cheers Anthony
Last edited by anthonyW on March 27th, 2016, 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Myco_Guy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Mame styling

Post by Myco_Guy »

anthonyW wrote:cunninghamiana is one of the largest oaks and a express grower in habit,trying to trap/contain this in mame will not be easy in my opinion,I have them they keep you on your toes
Ah thank you! I didn't consider the growth rate of them, very good point. I might save them in lieu of a larger pot then, and wait for something a bit slower going to come along

Return to “Shohin”