[Neli] Duranta gold2

To create the best possible Shohin sized bonsai from raw, untrained stock over a period of 18 months.
Neli
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tropical
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Bonsai alaminutte

Re: [Neli] Duranta gold2

Post by Neli »

And here is the final 10 cm high
002 (550x413).jpg
16 09 2014 028 (850x732).jpg
16 09 2014 038 (850x797).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Neli on September 19th, 2014, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ask lots of questions that sound like suggestions. Please remember I am a inquisitive newbie trying to figure out why You made a particular decision, in order to learn.
I started a blog:http://nelibonsai.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... a-nursery/
Neli
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tropical
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Bonsai alaminutte

Re: [Neli] Duranta gold2

Post by Neli »

Comments for the final submission:
This is a duranta I grew from a tiny cutting, for 5 years now. It was a large shrub which I cut back hard.
Duranta is a tropical shrub, easy to grow , with blue flowers and orange berries. It back buds very well, i is easy to trunk chop but if overworked has the tendency of branch die back. Also if lignified branches are cut hard back without leaving foliage at the end, I have also experienced some die back.
This tree had its primary branches only wired for movement, and the rest has been clip and grow. The tree was repotted and defoliated several times, so that the branch structure can be addressed.
Future:
Fatten primary branches and develop ramification.
Repot in a better pot. This is a DIY training pot.
I ask lots of questions that sound like suggestions. Please remember I am a inquisitive newbie trying to figure out why You made a particular decision, in order to learn.
I started a blog:http://nelibonsai.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... a-nursery/

Return to “Category 2. CREATE”