Autumn 2014

Australian conditions vary from one extreme to another. What do you do and when do you do it?
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: Autumn 2014

Post by Watto »

Just love the Autumn colour, and your Berberis is great Sno.
I was at the NBPCA yesterday and the colour was very impressive. Probably a few days earlier would have been better, but check out the Japanese Maple!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JaseH
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Cedar, Natives, Prunus, Maples
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Waverly, BSV, VNBC

Post by JaseH »

shibui wrote:We regularly get trees that flower out of season Neli. Mostly nothing comes of it, just a bit of wasted energy. Not sure what causes it but I have seen crabapple, wisteria and hawthorn flower in autumn.
Mr recently aquired Prunus Mume is also about to flower - I think it's a little early for them isnt it? From what I've read - mid winter they should start?
IMG_0985.resized.JPG
IMG_0986.resized.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‘The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago.
The next best time is now.’
~Chinese Proverb

Hachinoki Bonsai Pottery: FB | WEB
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Club: CBS

Post by GavinG »

Sno, could you post a front-on shot when it's lost its leaves? It looks like an interesting trunk hidden in there. Is it "Little Favourite"? They grow well as bonsai.

Gavin
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Hi Gavin ,I wondered if this one would interest you . I have started a shohin 'Little Favorite' (even though it's still in a ten inch pot ) after seeing yours . I'm not sure if this one is the cultivar 'Little Favorite' but it is a Berberis thunbergia . I'll post a pic soon it's got a great aged trunk but it has issues ie inverse tapers that I need to fix .
Sno

Return to “Climate, Weather and timing”