Browning leaves on Lavender Star

We have some unique pests to deal with in Australia. Post your experiences and treatments here for others to learn from.
lee.hinchliffe.14

Browning leaves on Lavender Star

Post by lee.hinchliffe.14 »

Image I have had this tree for 4 months. It flowered heavily but now some leaves are turning brown and dropping off. What is causing this ? Thanks Lee
Bougy Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougainvillea, Ficus and Swamp Cypress
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Re: Browning leaves on Lavender Star

Post by Bougy Fan »

Hi Lee and welcome. We need some more info - have you fertilised it recently and with what ? What is your watering routine ? Where are you located ? How much sun does the tree get ? We need all of that info and more if we are to0 help you.
Regards Tony

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
mtarros
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: JBP, Elms, Elaeagnus, Loropetalum chinensis
Bonsai Age: 6
Bonsai Club: BSQ, Redlands Bonsai Society

Post by mtarros »

its a bit hard to see it clearly but it looks like it needs a good watering and sun.

I would dunk it in water so all of the soil is submerged, then wait until there are no air bubbles.
It way need a re-pot depending on how long it has been in that pot.

If its tough to insert a sharp chopstick into the soil then that is a good sign it needs a re-pot.
Josh
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Mt Waverly

Post by Josh »

Looks like a few weeds growing in the pot?? Problem with weeds in the pot is they fight for nutrients with the tree and also fill the pot with roots making it hard to get water right into the tree roots. I would clean up the weeds, soak it in seasol over night and when healthy repot into your own mix. I also repot trees I buy as soon as I can, that's way I know what the mix is and how much water it will take/ need to keep moist. Also as bougy said, when was it fertelised last??

Josh.

Return to “Pests and Diseases”