Id help (rust?)

We have some unique pests to deal with in Australia. Post your experiences and treatments here for others to learn from.
Kieranrulz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: BSA

Id help (rust?)

Post by Kieranrulz »

Hey guys.
I got this snow maiden from a nursery when I started bonsai. It’s was extremely pot bound and the roots wrapped right around the truck. The leaves looked a little dry and began to yellow and drop. I pruned a fair bit off the worst and just observed and the rest started to go like this. Any help appreciated but I think it might be time to say goodbye as there’s not much going for it. I just wanted to know in case it becomes an issue on anything else. Thanks
PNG image 28.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God & destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he is destroying is this God he is worshiping - Hubert Reeves
Kieranrulz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: BSA

Re: Id help (rust?)

Post by Kieranrulz »

Bump thanks to clibin009 :palm:
Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God & destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he is destroying is this God he is worshiping - Hubert Reeves
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: Id help (rust?)

Post by Watto »

It looks like a watering issue to me, but that is just a guess.
You should evaluate your watering methods, how often, quantity, as well as the location of the plant and how much sun it receives.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Pests and Diseases”