satsuki pest can you help please

We have some unique pests to deal with in Australia. Post your experiences and treatments here for others to learn from.
ghostmike77
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Satsuki, Maples
Bonsai Age: 1

satsuki pest can you help please

Post by ghostmike77 »

im a newb here and in bonsai but i just discovered :geek: on my satsuki these tiny lil white like worms :shock: on the trunk and there were quite a few, i managed to get a clear picture of them so id like to know if anyone knows what they could be and how to treat them thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks
Mike
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Re: satsuki pest can you help please

Post by Pup »

Gday Mike have you googled the Satsuki Society of Australasia?. They are based here in WA the chairman is Arthur Robinson.

at arthurob@iinet.net.au I think he will be able to help you in the mean time I would squish them I hope this has been of help.

Cheers ;) Pup
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
ghostmike77
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by ghostmike77 »

thanks pup ill do that
Thanks
Mike
nealweb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: azalea
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Satsuki society

Post by nealweb »

G'day, are you in Perth? I have had the same thing, almost like tiny white termites. They infest the soil and underneath the bottom of the pots and even on the ground. Haven't killed any trees yet and don't quite know what they are. Not that much help eh!
The satsuki society is brilliant by the way, the next meeting is at Arthurs and if you come along you will see the best satsuki collection you are likely to find in Oz :D :D
ghostmike77
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by ghostmike77 »

nealweb wrote:G'day, are you in Perth? I have had the same thing, almost like tiny white termites. They infest the soil and underneath the bottom of the pots and even on the ground. Haven't killed any trees yet and don't quite know what they are. Not that much help eh!
The satsuki society is brilliant by the way, the next meeting is at Arthurs and if you come along you will see the best satsuki collection you are likely to find in Oz :D :D

yes i am in perth, sounds like the same thing, i guess you havent found out what they are? you say ur plants havent suffered from the lil mites? what about the root growth? have you found any damage with it from them? i think ill come along to the meeting sounds great!
Thanks
Mike
nealweb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: azalea
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Satsuki society

Post by nealweb »

I don't think they have damaged the plants but sure were a nusance at one stage. Didn't figure out what they were or how to really deal with them. Sprayed them with pyrethrin once or twice. They dissapeared after a while and i am presently down in Dunsborough. Yes come to the meeting, if you are into azalea's you will love it. Its a hands on club so bring some tree's and tools along to work on. Its on next weekend, sunday from 12 to 4pm so you better get onto Arthur or Susie for an address (long drive to Arthurs!) http://www.satsukisociety.com if you haven't found it already :P

Return to “Pests and Diseases”