Over Winter Pest Control - Using Lime Sulphur On Azaleas

We have some unique pests to deal with in Australia. Post your experiences and treatments here for others to learn from.
treeman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: any
Bonsai Age: 25

Re: Over Winter Pest Control - Using Lime Sulphur On Azaleas

Post by treeman »

obara66 wrote:Anyone know a reliable pest control in local area to exterminate ants?

Even now in the winter we have LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of ants. Small ones, tiny ones, and large ones.
Powder and spray simply does not work good enough. They avoid it and find other holes to enter the house.
Get a bottle of Permathrin from the local Bunnings. Spray it wherever you see ants. It works very well and for months. Spray in dry weather.
Last edited by treeman on October 6th, 2017, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Sherly22
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Sherly22 »

Hello..

I am too irritated by ants and rats in my home..., and I need some help for it..,
so please suggest me something or give me some tips for it, by which I can solve this problem easily...
Butcheall1945
Bonsai Age: 6
Bonsai Club: Australian

Post by Butcheall1945 »

Hi
You can use home remedy such as garlic juice or hire pest control service.
http://www.hometermitecontrolsydney.com ... r-barrier/
Thanks
netive19

Post by netive19 »

Hello...

Thank you guys for sharing the above information about winter pest control..., its really helpful for me...
longd_au
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: None

Post by longd_au »

I had a rodent problem not long ago and I decided it was time to do something about it when I started seeing branches getting chewed off my plants.
A persistent combination of cage traps, snap traps and pet friendly baited traps over a period of a few months eventually controlled the situation.

The important lesson is once it is under control, you have to keep it up. You will end up with a catch every few weeks.
At the peak, I had 30 little mouse and 5-6 rats in one week.
This problem occurred because I had neighbors with chickens but didn't do any pest control.

I have since dropped back to two cage traps and it is almost silent at night in the backyard nowadays.

If you'd like some ideas on how I set the traps and the type of baits I used, feel free to PM me as I am not sure if the audience here are interested given this is a bonsai forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dennis
A journey full of experiments
eddy44

Post by eddy44 »

Hello,

In winter you can use natural pest control method for better result than chemical product you can use lavender flower for removing pest because its smell is poison for pest and they are not stay for a second.so try if you want better result.hope you like my suggestion.

Return to “Pests and Diseases”