Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Re: Good watering can and Hose Spayer

Post by Bretts »

The dramm I use doesn't have a tap :?:
It uses the touch n flow lever. It really is a dream to use :hooray:
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Mojo Moyogi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple, Elm, Hornbeam, Pine, Larch and Cedar
Bonsai Age: 22
Bonsai Club: Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Re: Good watering can and Hose Sprayer

Post by Mojo Moyogi »

Touch and flow lever? What does that look like, Brett? The Dramm wands I have used have all had tiny little plastic ball valve/tap arrangements that were a bugger to adjust and leaky aftyer a while.

Cheers,
Mojo
...Might as well face it, I'm addicted to Shohin...

"Any creative work can be roughly broken down into three components- design, technique and materials. Good design can carry poor technique and materials but no amount of expertise and beautiful materials can save poor design". Andrew McPherson - Furniture designer and artist
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Post by Pup »

I am glad they have changed the spelling I was beginning, to watch the dogs reaction every time I opened this page. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems there are a lot of fors and against. I use a gardenia and find it is fine, even for my shito size trees.

Cheers Pup
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
Mojo Moyogi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Mojo Moyogi »

Oh like this:

I've used similar triggers on other brands, never from Dramm. On those I had used I found they leaked at the join to both the hose connector and extension tube (wand) and also leaks at the plunger underneath the trigger.
Sounds like your unit is behaving itself :D

Cheers,
Mojo

"Any creative work can be roughly broken down into three components- design, technique and materials. Good design can carry poor technique and materials but no amount of expertise and beautiful materials can save poor design". Andrew McPherson - Furniture designer and artist
Mojo Moyogi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Mojo Moyogi »

Pup wrote:I am glad they have changed the spelling I was beginning, to watch the dogs reaction every time I opened this page. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems there are a lot of fors and against. I use a gardenia and find it is fine, even for my shito size trees.

Cheers Pup
Now I deliberately didn't go into the whole birth control for dogs thing. OUCH!

Glad someone did :lol:

Cheers,
Mojo
Last edited by Mojo Moyogi on March 14th, 2012, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue

Post by Pup »

Mojo Moyogi wrote:
Pup wrote:I am glad they have changed the spelling I was beginning, to watch the dogs reaction every time I opened this page. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Pup
Now I deliberately didn't go into the whole birth control for dogs thing. OUCH!

Glad someone did :lol:

Cheers,
Mojo
Did not metion Cats, sorry for the Hi jack Brett you have a sence of humor I know :twisted: :lol: :lol:

bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

Has anybody heard of Earthcore wands. I have used them for the past ten years and they are great. I also have a brass japanese watering can which i have never used :palm: Maybe one day when my collection is tiny, hmmm, that probably will be never. :shake:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Mojo Moyogi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Mojo Moyogi »

bodhidharma wrote:Maybe one day when my collection is tiny, hmmm, that probably will be never. :shake:
Bodhi, as any shohinista will tell you, "tiny is but a saw cut away".

Cheers,
Mojo

Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue

Post by Pup »

Mojo Moyogi wrote:
bodhidharma wrote:Maybe one day when my collection is tiny, hmmm, that probably will be never. :shake:
Bodhi, as any shohinista will tell you, "tiny is but a saw cut away".

Cheers,
Mojo
Also they use their stainless steel watering cans for fertilising.

Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by Bretts »

The new wand and spray head turned up today. The trigger seems to have had an update and is exactly as Mojo's picture. It seems like they have made some good improvements. First there is no rubber fins to erode away. Also the unit just seems to work even better now (sure it is not just because it is new again). There seems to be more control in the flow with the touch n go trigger. Maybe Paul 63pmp has one like this :?:
Had a quick go with the 1000pl head and WOW. The best way I can describe it is like watering with a cloud. It is so soft. Looking at the head I was sure the water would blast out in lots of high pressure streams but some how it manages to float out like a cloud of water :shock:
I've used similar triggers on other brands, never from Dramm. On those I had used I found they leaked at the join to both the hose connector and extension tube (wand) and also leaks at the plunger underneath the trigger.
Sounds like your unit is behaving itself

Cheers,
Mojo
Mine did eventually leak from the plunger under the trigger but the product has a life time guarantee for this and they sent me a replacement. So looks like I have a watering wand that I love using and does not leak for as long as the company stays afloat or my life ends ;)

I haven't seen that one Bodi or the one Mojo mentions. I was thinking I should do a quick vid of the dramm in action and it would be great if we could do that for the others so we can see how they go.
I came across this video of someone trying to sell the dramm but it gives a good idea of what you get.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBdTkANahck
Last edited by Bretts on March 14th, 2012, 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Luke308
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: maple & pines
Bonsai Age: 13
Bonsai Club: S.A Bonsai Society

Post by Luke308 »

Hey guys & girls,

I recently bought myself a 40cm Dramm "touch and flow" watering wand with the 1000pl head, plus a dramm 610 fogg-it nozzle from forestry tools. I have to say I wish I had of done this a long tim ago as they are great products with life time warranty.

The touch and flow handle as pictured above by Mojo is good, but this morning the little brass button which I think connectes to the valve became stuck and it would not turn off completely when the trigger was released. I just got off the phone with Chris from Forestry tools, and I couldn't have been happier with his service.

I told him of my issue, and he offered a replacement handle to be sent out (with out me even returning the faulty one mind you). He then mentioned a new product from Dramm called the "one touch" http://www.dramm.com/html/main.isx?sub=579 which upon looking at I think is a much better option for bonsai use as you have more control over the flow of water. He oasked me if I would prefer one of these one-touch handles which I thought was great, so he is sending me on of those instead. As you can see they have brass threads (as opposed to plastic on the touch and flow).

I too had a slight leak from ome of the connections when I first got it, but afer wrapping with a bit of thread tape (plumbers tape) the leaks are no more. I would highly recommend ordering a 1000pl watering head and the fogg-it nozzle with either the one touch or the touch and flow handle. The fogg-it nozzle is great for hot days when you want to give your trees a chance to cool off, or raise humidity. The reason I bought the fogg-it was for seedlings and cuttings, but it is a lot more versitile than just those 2 uses.

So do yourself a favour and go to http://www.forestrytools.com.au/index.php?id=336 and have a look and then give Chris a call and place an order. You won't regret it as the products are great and the service second to none! (even though I had a faulty one which the lifetime warranty and excellent customer service make up for) :hooray:
WHERE THE SAP FLOWS, THE WOOD GROWS
cutejai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by cutejai »

sorry to bring this old post back to life, but would like to see some update regarding the dramm 1000PL redhead. because I have "Dramm 40cm Classic Watering Wand" which blast out the soil on newly potted shohin, so just thinking to upgrade to the 1000PL to see if the softflow would help with the situation.

alternatively I was also thinking about this Kaneshin wand but not sure how soft is this compare to the DRAMM (mainly the softness of the water flow). http://kaneshin.shop.multilingualcart.c ... y_168.html

thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers
Goerge
Paul W
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Crape Myrtle
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: School Of Bonsai

Post by Paul W »

Plenty of info here on the watering wands but has anybody tracked down a decent watering can that will last like Mr Pups.
Where do you get it PUP. :fc:
Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.
A. A. Milne
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue

Post by Pup »

Paul W wrote:Plenty of info here on the watering wands but has anybody tracked down a decent watering can that will last like Mr Pups.
Where do you get it PUP. :fc:
I got it many years ago from Asquiths bonsai here in WA. I believe he got them from. Megumi and Brian Bennet,s nursery .
In Sydney.

Bougy Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougainvillea, Ficus and Swamp Cypress
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Post by Bougy Fan »

So my Masters knock off wand died (the valve broke) and I looked at the Forestry Tools website to get another Dramm. I have 2 hoses I use to water and I was too lazy to change them over. I noticed that Dramm no longer have a lifetime warranty - it is now 6 months for commercial use and 2 years for home use :shake: I have already had a valve replaced on my original Dramm, very disappointed they have reduced the warranty :lost:
Regards Tony

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Availability of supplies”