Good Botany and or Horticulture books?

Where do you get it?
Bush bunny
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: All species
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Canberra Bonsai Society, Inc.

Re: Good Botany and or Horticulture books?

Post by Bush bunny »

Yes, I have Cert II, III and doing IV Horticulture now specializing in bonsai. And Cert IV and a diploma in Organic Agricultural production. Broadacre and live stock, pastures, fertilizers, soil chemistry and weather etc. Being not a farmer, I had to sit the final exam with a pass mark of 85% THREE TIMES. However, when coming to bonsai, I needed those books specializing in bonsai. I have had Zygoes for years, they are terrific now, and a 30 year old umbrella tree, plus a stephanosis that was given to me 30 years ago, two leaves and a stick and has intertwined with a wicker stand. Never flowered though. And the Picea Albertinia for 17 years, bought as a tiny Christmas tree, and planted in the garden 15 years ago, and rather neglected until late.

I am always reading anything that is to do with bonsai or anything to do with flowers or trees.
Bit of a professional student, but it keeps my elderly mind working and gives me an interest in not only knowledge and a more scientific applications, but also experiment. But I do have time on my hands well maybe not years, but hours. Makes a difference. :aussie:
Reece
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Conifers.
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: Good Botany and or Horticulture books?

Post by Reece »

Ok. Thanks again for all of the advice guys! :tu:
Last edited by Reece on September 3rd, 2014, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Availability of supplies”