Bonsai South - Carringbah, Sydney

A place to promote your bonsai club or school also discussions and information about Australian bonsai nurseries.
Forum rules
To start a topic:
1. No pure for profit promotion to be posted here.
2. Please only start one topic for a particular promotion.
3. Please do NOT reply with any non-promotion-related posts, or they will be removed.
4. To discuss about bonsai, please go to other forums.
5. Please report any inappropriate promotion to the admin.
Thank you all.
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Re: Bonsai South - Carringbah, Sydney

Post by anttal63 »

guys i will be in sydney for the peter adams week but as much as i would kill to be on that dig end of oct, too much going on down here with the spring carnival. all the fillies wanna be done for that. :D
Regards Antonio:
mudlarkpottery
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: everything
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Newcastle Bonsai Society, Central Coast Bonsai Society

Post by mudlarkpottery »

The exhibition is end of Oct. The possible dig won't be at the same time as we'll be too busy organizing for the exhibition. There are two others involved with the dig who haven't met Peter so, at the moment, I'll just be asking if it's a possibility. Our club does go on a dig for olives around the beginning of Oct, sometimes, near Singleton (2hrs drive away). I'll find out closer to the time if it's on this year and if we can invite others.
Penny.
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PeterW »

mudlarkpottery wrote:The exhibition is end of Oct. The possible dig won't be at the same time as we'll be too busy organizing for the exhibition. There are two others involved with the dig who haven't met Peter so, at the moment, I'll just be asking if it's a possibility. Our club does go on a dig for olives around the beginning of Oct, sometimes, near Singleton (2hrs drive away). I'll find out closer to the time if it's on this year and if we can invite others.
Penny.
Great stuff Penny, cant wait till next time!
Peter
brenden
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Chinese Elm
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by brenden »

Hi all,

I am fairly new to the world of bonsai and am loving reading posts and learning more and more.

If a bonsai gathering is planned and if it is an open event it would be fantastic to meet some of the creative people I read about in this group. I just hope you pick a date when its not 40' like it is at the moment! *sigh*
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PeterW »

brenden wrote:Hi all,

I am fairly new to the world of bonsai and am loving reading posts and learning more and more.

If a bonsai gathering is planned and if it is an open event it would be fantastic to meet some of the creative people I read about in this group. I just hope you pick a date when its not 40' like it is at the moment! *sigh*

Hi Brendan,
For those who dont know Brendan, he is a very lucky young man, not only is he about to have his first child but he has been taken under the wing of Leong at Bonsai South and is presently having his head filled with wonderful expierience! I met Brendan and his lovely wife when i visited recently. Bonsai's future is in safe hands whilst our respected mentors are passing on such invaluable knowledge in this way. Its what its all about! I hope he will be kind enough to, in turn pass it on to us here.

The AusBonsai Queensland crew (ABQC) may at some stage plan a road trip down that way and when we do, trust me you will hear from us, were a rowdy bunch! The ABQC combined with th ABVC (AusBonsai Victorian Crew) may even meet up in the middle there at some stage at the ABNSWC (AusBonsai New South Wales Crew) and hold a big shindig somewhere at sometime. :) (i just made all that up but it is defenitely food for thought guys and gals hey) :D
Regards
Peter
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me

Post by anttal63 »

here here! :D
Regards Antonio:
Hector Johnson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Hector Johnson »

AQBC held its inaugural meeting today at Australian Bonsai Grower nursery, in Park Ridge, Brisbane.

There will be photographs posted here.
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PeterW »

Hector Johnson wrote:AQBC held its inaugural meeting today at Australian Bonsai Grower nursery, in Park Ridge, Brisbane.

There will be photographs posted here.
They must have been on the turps Hector....they couldnt even get the abbreviation right... :lol:
ABQC

Peter

It was a fun afternoon.
Hector Johnson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Hector Johnson »

AQBC - Ausbonsai Queensland Bullshitters' Club ;)
Jon Chown
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almost all
Bonsai Age: 100
Bonsai Club: None

Post by Jon Chown »

Peter says,
The AusBonsai Queensland crew (ABQC) may at some stage plan a road trip down that way and when we do, trust me you will hear from us, were a rowdy bunch! The ABQC combined with th ABVC (AusBonsai Victorian Crew) may even meet up in the middle there at some stage at the ABNSWC (AusBonsai New South Wales Crew) and hold a big shindig somewhere at sometime
Now wouldn't that be something to look forward to. My name is on the list.

Jon
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me

Post by anttal63 »

i'll move mountains for that one :!: :D
Regards Antonio:
Hector Johnson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Hector Johnson »

There are whole forests of Melaleuca, Casuarina and Banksia in NSW right now, quivering in terror at the prospect of a small army of AusBonsai fanatics sweeping in like Genghis Khan's cavalry, armed with picks, shovels, wet hessian bags and dynamite and hell-bent on mass destruction.
Last edited by Hector Johnson on February 8th, 2009, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Chown
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almost all
Bonsai Age: 100
Bonsai Club: None

Post by Jon Chown »

There are whole forests of Melaleuca, Casuarina and Banksia in NSW right now, quivering in terror at the prospect of a small army of AusBonsai fanatics sweeping in like Genghis Khan's cavalry, armed with picks, shovels, wet hessian bags and dynamite and hell-bent on mass destruction.
He,he,he,he!!! Let's not mention the quarry that we discovered yesterday Hector, at least till we get a chance to have a dig or two.

Jon
Last edited by Jon Chown on February 8th, 2009, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: lousy spelling
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PeterW »

Hector Johnson wrote:There are whole forests of Melaleuca, Casuarina and Banksia in NSW right now, quivering in terror at the prospect of a small army of AusBonsai fanatics sweeping in like Genghis Khan's cavalry, armed with picks, shovels, wet hessian bags and dynamite and hell-bent on mass destruction.

hahahaha.....it paints a funny picture Hector! Some of our members may be getting a bit older so we may have to provide 4x4 wheelchairs, maybe we could rig up some bobcats for them! Cooolll.
Peter
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me

Post by anttal63 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: THATS A CRACKA hec.
Regards Antonio:

Return to “Nurseries, Clubs and Schools”