Mornington Peninsula, VIC - Best place to buy?

A place to promote your bonsai club or school also discussions and information about Australian bonsai nurseries.
Forum rules
To start a topic:
1. No pure for profit promotion to be posted here.
2. Please only start one topic for a particular promotion.
3. Please do NOT reply with any non-promotion-related posts, or they will be removed.
4. To discuss about bonsai, please go to other forums.
5. Please report any inappropriate promotion to the admin.
Thank you all.
joshua.weekes
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Oaks, Junipers
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: -

Mornington Peninsula, VIC - Best place to buy?

Post by joshua.weekes »

Afternoon all, haven't been around this part of the interwebs due to moving location, but wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me will acquiring plants and supplies in or around the Mornington Peninsula VIC.

Any info would be great, haven't found a nursery that is willing to help.

Many thanks, Josh
Always bet on RED
Reece
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Conifers.
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: Mornington Peninsula, VIC - Best place to buy?

Post by Reece »

According to this:

https://www.ausbonsai.com.au/directory/

Bonsai Sensation or Bonsai Art.
joannm
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Saotome Azalea
Bonsai Age: 45
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Victoria

Post by joannm »

Hi Josh ,
Mornington Penisula Bonsai Society is having its bonsai show and sales easter weekend. see their facebook page for details.

joann
joshua.weekes
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by joshua.weekes »

Breeze,

As I posted this, I looked at it finished and then looked at the bottom of the website and seen the advert. My bad.

Joan,

Thank you so much. Sounds like my easter weekend will be even more busy.

Thanks guys!
Always bet on RED
Reece
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Conifers.
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Reece »

joshua.weekes wrote:Breeze,

As I posted this, I looked at it finished and then looked at the bottom of the website and seen the advert. My bad.
Haha after I posted my comment I thought "I hope he doesn't think I'm having a go at him"

I saw that you were fairly new to the forum so I was just trying to point out that map. Might have come across as a bit rude..... Sorry! :oops:
joshua.weekes
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by joshua.weekes »

Island Breeze wrote:
joshua.weekes wrote:Breeze,

Haha after I posted my comment I thought "I hope he doesn't think I'm having a go at him"

I saw that you were fairly new to the forum so I was just trying to point out that map. Might have come across as a bit rude..... Sorry! :oops:
Yer, all is good. been on the site for a bit I just don't post much. Cheers again.
Always bet on RED
Josh
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Mt Waverly

Post by Josh »

Hi Josh, it's Josh here :tu: where abouts on the peninsular are you. I'm between Cranbourne and Frankston. Great part of the country down here.
Bonsaisensation is a great nursery and Tien is fantastic. He has great knowledge and happy to share it. He has great stock and well priced. He stocks wire, tools and everything else you need. Well worth a visit :imo:

Josh.
joshua.weekes
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by joshua.weekes »

Josh wrote:Hi Josh, it's Josh here :tu: where abouts on the peninsular are you. I'm between Cranbourne and Frankston. Great part of the country down here.
Bonsaisensation is a great nursery and Tien is fantastic. He has great knowledge and happy to share it. He has great stock and well priced. He stocks wire, tools and everything else you need. Well worth a visit :imo:

Josh.
Heya Josh, this is Josh.....

In Hastings, so not far at all. Been down on the MP before just moving back here for work and is indeed a great part of the country, (more brewries poping up too, which I am happy about). I will have to check out the Bonsaisensation, found it using the nursery locator just after I first posted and looking to head up there tomorrow. Website seems to have a lot of stock, any Oaks at all that you have seen? Do need some more wire soon.

Thanks again for the reply.

BTW, are you part of the morningtion peninsula bonsai society? If so when is the next meeting? Missed my first one earlier this month due to work.

Cheers, Josh.
Always bet on RED
Josh
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Mt Waverly

Post by Josh »

joshua.weekes wrote:
Josh wrote:Hi Josh, it's Josh here :tu: where abouts on the peninsular are you. I'm between Cranbourne and Frankston. Great part of the country down here.

Josh.
Heya Josh, this is Josh.....

In Hastings, so not far at all. Been down on the MP before just moving back here for work and is indeed a great part of the country, (more brewries poping up too, which I am happy about). I will have to check out the Bonsaisensation, found it using the nursery locator just after I first posted and looking to head up there tomorrow. Website seems to have a lot of stock, any Oaks at all that you have seen? Do need some more wire soon.

Thanks again for the reply.

BTW, are you part of the morningtion peninsula bonsai society? If so when is the next meeting? Missed my first one earlier this month due to work.

Cheers, Josh.
Tien has wire at good prices. Sometimes it's hard to get as he sells out quickly at certain times. I do believe he has some oaks but don't quote me on that. I'm not a member of the Mornington club. I go to the waverly club in Mt Waverly. It's a bit further but works for me.

Josh
adge0001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper & JBP
Bonsai Age: 22
Bonsai Club: Mornington Peninsula Bonsai Society

Post by adge0001 »

Hi josh,
Wednesday, March 18 is the next bonsai meeting. 7:30pm-ish start. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
-Carl Sagan

Return to “Nurseries, Clubs and Schools”