Padre Pio massive clearance?

A place to promote your bonsai club or school also discussions and information about Australian bonsai nurseries.
Forum rules
To start a topic:
1. No pure for profit promotion to be posted here.
2. Please only start one topic for a particular promotion.
3. Please do NOT reply with any non-promotion-related posts, or they will be removed.
4. To discuss about bonsai, please go to other forums.
5. Please report any inappropriate promotion to the admin.
Thank you all.
Bonsaiforest
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple

Re: Padre Pio massive clearance?

Post by Bonsaiforest »

Imagine this... Going to the local with a few of your mates to have a good time...relax...unwind...have a yarn ...And then when you arrive at the bar, you all sit down & draw straws, cause you know you don't want to be the one to negotiate on price $$$ for a round of beer. :lost: :imo:
Last edited by Bonsaiforest on October 16th, 2015, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Sno »

I find a smile goes along way .
Jarad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniperus, Melaleuca, Taxodium
Bonsai Age: 9

Post by Jarad »

When I went there a little while back I was wondering where all the price tags were! I didn't have a chance to actually talk with him because he was speaking to a different customer the while time... :(
-Jarad

I don't trust Bonsai, they are a little shady.
Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Elmar »

Being in WA (and they don't let me out much!!) I don't get to visit these places anywhere near as often as I'd like.

Last April we did get a chance to go to Sydney and visited both Bonsai South (we really enjoyed that) and Ray Nescis' nursery. As we walked around, I found no one came to talk to us (may be I'm scary looking ~ my childrens friends and schoolies seem to think so; or just plain ugly... :tounge: ) and when we went thru the nursery there was precious little stock there for sale ...
It didn't matter so much because we couldn't take any back with us, but I wanted to "see" the great stock everyone was raving about.
In the shop we bought some non-biological material (pots and tools) and the shop assistant was patient and friendly but was an employee (we asked) so didn't get a chance to talk to any of the Nesci's (our bad luck) ...

Perhaps, when you next go there, even if only to look, take some pics and show what took your fancy (doesn't have to be a judgement on "greatness') so I can see what I seemed to have missed out on ...

Maybe our timing is off, this year went down to Bonsai Emporium in Caversham and found the same, not a lot of trees that were of any interest to me ... they had growing stock out the back but that was all fenced off. Rumour has it that they were recently burgled and that is why they had less stock.

So our experience this year, Bonsia South :tu: , rest :(
Cheers
Elmar
Jarad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniperus, Melaleuca, Taxodium
Bonsai Age: 9

Post by Jarad »

I've never been to bonsai south, it's the next on my list to visit.
-Jarad

I don't trust Bonsai, they are a little shady.
Reece
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Conifers.
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Reece »

Jarad wrote:I've never been to bonsai south, it's the next on my list to visit.
I think I've said it 1000 times on here but bonsai south is what got me into bonsai....

You should definitely visit.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Ben Thomas
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by Ben Thomas »

I too have been there many times,and bought stuff more often than not. I agree, stock is great! Service and advice excellent. Always happy to accommodate my questions, But the price tag issue is a sore point with me also. Makes me feel like I need to be on guard, ready to haggle, and I cant be bothered with it anymore to be honest. Work hard for my dosh, happy to pay a fair price, just be easier with prices I think .
That's my 2 cents!
Ben

Return to “Nurseries, Clubs and Schools”