Any Nurseries?

A place to promote your bonsai club or school also discussions and information about Australian bonsai nurseries.
Forum rules
To start a topic:
1. No pure for profit promotion to be posted here.
2. Please only start one topic for a particular promotion.
3. Please do NOT reply with any non-promotion-related posts, or they will be removed.
4. To discuss about bonsai, please go to other forums.
5. Please report any inappropriate promotion to the admin.
Thank you all.
MasonC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: None

Any Nurseries?

Post by MasonC »

Does anyone know of some good bonsai nurseries (or bad ones) around the Mudgee region. I have been looking around for a while but the only good ones i can find are either on the coast or in Sydney. I go to Bonsai At The Bay but only in the holidays when we go down the coast. There is also no clubs that i know of in Mudgee so i'm DIEING! Would love some help!
Last edited by MasonC on September 27th, 2009, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcpoole
Perpetual Learner
Perpetual Learner
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: the School Of Bonsai

Re: Any Nurseries?

Post by kcpoole »

If anyone does knwo any Nurseries, please add them to the listing we are tyring to create. See my threads on them and add the details please

Ken
Check out our Wiki for awesome bonsai information www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki
What is Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Bonsai
What should I do now? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie
How do I grow a Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _a_Bonsai?
Visit a Bonsai nursery to see some real nice trees http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _Nurseries
63pmp
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 25

Post by 63pmp »

The nearest bonsai nursery is Bonsai Environment at Vineyard, if you go there may as well keep going and visit Ray Nesci, it's only another 30 minutes or so.

However, check out Leura Village nursery at the back of the car park at Leura. They carry an interesting range of maples and cold climate plants. Don't buy any bonsai from here though, the guy who runs the place simply resells mallsai, or pots up standard nursery plants himself and triples the price. Also there is a small nursery off the main street of Katoomba. A small alley way leads to it from the main street, or you enter from the K-mart parking lot. Another interesting place, though I haven't been there for years, is Mountain Maples. Its near Little Hartley before you go up Victoria Pass. Turn right as you approach the mountains at the small nursery that's an excuse for a coffee shop (with the old truck in front of it). Mountain maples carries a strange range of maples and conifers. There all grafted. The only other place I've found worth a visit near Mudgee is Ross's Conifers at Tarana. A very nice and neat nursery with an incredible display of planted conifers. There used to be a small nursery at My Wilson, it had cold climate stuff, but i think it's closed now, the people sold out, or growed old, or something like that.

If your really desperate for something Ray Nesci will post trees, tools etc. happily, helps if you have a credit card.

Paul
"The older I get, the less I know"
MasonC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: None

Post by MasonC »

thanx mate. i plan on going to see Rays nursery soon and Bonsai Environment. I think theirs a nursery called Maple Springs or something in Little Hartley and it has some of the best maples i've got (nursery stock to begin with).

Return to “Nurseries, Clubs and Schools”