Results from Bonsai By The Harbour

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
Ray M
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs, Junipers, Maples, Elms, Pines, Banksias
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: The School of Bonsai

Results from Bonsai By The Harbour

Post by Ray M »

Hi all,
I layered a couple of trees at Bonsai By The Harbour. First, a little history about the tree I did the air layer on. I have had a few people over the the last couple of years ask me about layering above a graft. I hadn't done one so felt it would be wrong for me to recommend doing this. I believed that it should work, but I don't like recommending procedures to people unless I have proved for myself that they work. At Bonsai By The Harbour my chance to check if this would work occurred. I borrowed a tree from Ray Nesci that had a very nice graft and the tree had some age to it. I am quite excited about the results so far. Considering the tree was layered 7 June 2014 and the tree had no foliage whatsoever.
IMG_9606 -2.jpg
IMG_9609 -2.jpg
IMG_9593 -2.jpg
The other tree was a ground layer. This tree was done on the same day and it also had no foliage. The tree has developed some very healthy foliage and flowers.
IMG_9610 -2.jpg
IMG_9611 -2.jpg
I'll post some more photos when they are ready to remove.

Regards Ray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”