Bonsai Society of Qld, HORIZONS II

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
Marie Hewartson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: BSQ, Redlands, Bimer

Bonsai Society of Qld, HORIZONS II

Post by Marie Hewartson »

Hello All
ITS ON AGAIN !!
After the fantastic success of Horizons I, the Bonsai Society of Qld will be presenting Horizons II on 16-17th March 2019

This year our main demonstrators will be Leigh Taafe from ACT and Chris Di Nola from NSW. They will be demonstrating and holding workshops, and also be available to give assistance on your own trees out in the working area of the patio.

There will also be demonstrations, tutorials and workshops by local bonsai artists including (our own International demonstrators). Demonstrations will be covering Stone appreciation, setting up an exhibition display, pots made by alternative methods, and of course trees. Workshops will cover Kusamono and Make your own pot (in Clay).

South East Qld Bonsai Bonanza. An informal rolling demonstration by five SEQ Clubs.

If you didn’t go last year (You missed out on something special) make sure you book this year for a day or weekend full of bonsai and bonsai related information, at a great venue with absolutely wonderful food and the companionship of like minded people.

The Calamvale Hotel is offering a discounted rate for anyone attending Horizons II

Further information and forms are on our web site, http://www.bonsaisocietyqld.asn.au

I hope I see you there.
Marie
Snare
Favorite Species: Juniper
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: Bonsai Society of Qld, HORIZONS II

Post by Snare »

Do I need to bring anything to the Bonsai Horizons weekend? What is supplied with the work shops?
Kusamono Kid
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Queensland

Post by Kusamono Kid »

At the Kusamono workshop all tools and materials are supplied. You will be able to keep the 3 items that you make at the workshop.
Marie Hewartson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Do I need to bring anything to the Bonsai Horizons weekend? What is supplied with the work shops

Hello Snare,

If you are going to Leigh Taafe or Chris Di Nola's workshops, you will need to bring your tree or trees and all your own wire and tools.

James, Kusamono Workshop, you will have all plants, soil, and 3 pots supplied.

Marie, Make your own pot, the cost covers supplied clay and firing, simple household equipment is all that is required, a list will be supplied to participants of the workshop.

There will be time to work on your own tree or trees with Leigh and Chris when they are not demonstrating or have workshops, on the patio area, please bring your own tools.

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers Marie
Wattyt
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougainvillea
Bonsai Age: 30
Bonsai Club: Bsq redlands

Post by Wattyt »

Marie thanks for your post is food supplied on the day
Kusamono Kid
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Queensland

Post by Kusamono Kid »

Lunch, morning and afternoon teas are provided in buffet style. Tea, coffee and water are available throughout the day.
Marie Hewartson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Hello Wattyt

Further to Kusamono Kid's reply, I must pass on the food last year was very very good and in abundance. I would expect it will be the same for the forth coming Horizons.

Lunch was presented over a longer time period( refreshing when needed), to fit in with the relaxed program where people could wander into workshops, tutorials and eat whenever. Not the rush of a set time and set plate as with conferences.
Lunch is a buffet with meats breads and salads, huge variety and again in abundance. Tea and Coffee plus home made cakes and slices was available all day.
A private bar opened late in the afternoon, naturally this is at your own expense.

I hope you can make it, as you certainly wont be disapointed with the catering arrangements.

Cheers Marie
AGarcia
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougie, Black Pine
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Post by AGarcia »

I am looking forward to this event. I will be there on the saturday and will be taking part in the pot making workshop that Marie will run.

I will be plugging this event at the Bimer meeting this coming weekend to ensure Bimer members support this endeavor.
Marie Hewartson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Hello Albert,
Great to hear your joining the Pot Making Workshop, it will be a lot of fun and you will make your own very individual Bonsai Pot.
Thank you to Bimmer for the support. Looks like its going to be as successful as Horizons 1
Cheers Marie
Marie Hewartson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Hello All,
We are fast approaching the cut off time for Horizons 11.
If you are a late straggler make sure you put in your paperwork by 6th March especially if you are intending to go to one of the workshops.
Cheers Marie
Marie Hewartson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Hi All,
For those last minute decision makers, tomorrow 6th March is the cut off date for Horizons 11.
Make sure you don't miss out on a very informative and fun day or weekend.
Cheers Marie

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”