Message from Clinton Peter Adams Ideas Summit

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Message from Clinton Peter Adams Ideas Summit

Post by Bretts »

Hi everyone,

I am sending this to everyone who listed an email address on their registration form.

Please open the attached letter to this email

If you have a friend who is attending but does not have email could you please relay this information to them.

Cheers,

Clinton

-------------------------------------------------

Dear Registrant,

Thank you for registering to our “2009 Idea’s Summit Seminar”. We hope that over the weekend you will be entertained and find it to be an informative weekend but most importantly gain even more inspiration in your Bonsai endeavours.

The first session on Saturday of the Seminar is titled “Problem trees”. This proved to be very popular and interesting exercise at the last seminar and we are repeating it this year. We would like to make this a discussion session on any Bonsai you may have been training for a reasonable time but have come across a styling issue with it. Most importantly we would like it to be an interesting tree worthy of discussion. We are not referring here to terrible trees as a Bonsai but trees that are reasonably good but have certain “issues” that you are undecided about and would like discussed and given possible solutions. As an example of possible “issues” you may want to discuss are undecided on the best possible front if more than one front has emerged, issues with the trunkline of your tree, branching issues, surface root issues etc. etc.

Although this is open to anyone attending on Saturday we don’t have unlimited space so if you are interested in Peter Adams discussing styling solutions for it during this session please let me know by responding to this email. We don’t have unlimited space and time so I really need to know how many possible trees we will have turning up on Saturday. Also we want to limit this exercise to one tree per person unless you can convince me that you have two really interesting Bonsai for discussion. Once I have enough email responses I will have to cut it off because of the restraints I mentioned before. But I hope we get the enthusiastic response that we received last time. The trees will be on display all day at the Seminar so you can also get plenty of feedback from other registrants.

On Sunday we would like to have a nice display of Bonsai. If you would like to bring along a nice Bonsai for display please again just respond to this email and I will make a note of it so I know how many trees we will have coming in.

Also I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that Peter will be selling some prints that he has of drawings he has made over the years which are ideal to be framed. Two of Peter’s books and Kate Adams Book “Bonsai with 21 species” will be available for purchase and feel free to bring along any copies you have of Peter’s books you have collected over the years for Peter to sign.

In closing we would kindly ask that people not enter the Seminar room until registration times as we are unable to set up the night before due to another function taking place and would like to ensure that we get through what we have to set up so the Seminar can start promptly on time.

I look forward in seeing you all at the Seminar in what will be a wonderful weekend. Don’t forget to bring along a note pad to jot down all the pearls of wisdom that Peter will provide us!

Kind Regards,

Clinton Nesci
(President)
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”