Bendigo Bonsai Club Workshop and Demos Saturday 8 August

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
Andrew Ward
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: The SA Bonsai Society Inc, Bendigo Bonsai Club

Bendigo Bonsai Club Workshop and Demos Saturday 8 August

Post by Andrew Ward »

Bendigo Bonsai Club will be holding workshops with Quentin Valentine and Steve Jarrold on Saturday 8 August at The Golden Square Senior Citizens Rooms, Old High Street, Golden Square. Quentin and Steve work effectively together, are extremely experienced and are wonderful bonsai artists. Neither are AABC Registered Tutors, consequently this is a rare opportunity to take advantage of their skills and expertise.

There are 2 workshops; 9.30am - 12.00md and 1.00pm - 3.30pm.

Workshop fee is $15, and the observer fee is $5. Morning and afternoon teas will be provided, but for those requiring lunch, there will be an extra charge of $5. Bookings will be necessary for catering purposes.

For anybody who would like to participate in this event, please send me a PM and I will forward your details to Eric Wilkinson from the Bendigo Bonsai Group.
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Re: Bendigo Bonsai Club Workshop and Demos Saturday 8 August

Post by anttal63 »

jump on the QV train what ever ya's do!!! quentin and steve are great to workshop ya trees with. if it wasn't a sat., i would come up too. enjoy bendigo :D
Regards Antonio:
Andrew Ward
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Andrew Ward »

Am really looking forward to Quentin and Steve's Workshops. Not only that, but the Bendigo people are a very hospitable and friendly lot ... will be great to catch up mates over that way. ;)
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

andrew ward wrote:Am really looking forward to Quentin and Steve's Workshops. Not only that, but the Bendigo people are a very hospitable and friendly lot ... will be great to catch up mates over that way. ;)
i have heard they are the best hosts; they even do a bbq for everyone on these occasions. :D
Regards Antonio:
miyagiman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: prunus
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: bendigo bonsai club inc.

Post by miyagiman »

no barby this time folks, only a full on smorgasboard lunch to those who have booked in. should be a great day with all the prep that has gone in to it. please feel welcome to come along for a look, all the more the merrier. i know i'm lookin forward to it. cheers, miyagiman.
Petra
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Australian Natives
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: NIL

Post by Petra »

No barbie. & i was so looking forward to that. oh well next time hey!
Learn from yesterday,live for today,hope for tomorrow.The important thing is, to not stop questioning. Albert Einstein...
Andrew Ward
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Andrew Ward »

Well done to Quentin and Steve on the fantastic day of workshopping trees that those who participated or observed were lucky enough to experience.

The Bendigo Bonsai Club Team ... as usual ... put in the organisation before and on the day ... to ensure that the day went smoothly and was a huge success.

We are lucky to have excellent and experienced guidance in our country, people who are willing to share their knowledge and skills with others so generously. A superb day ... made better by the team effort, including participants and observors working together in a very welcoming and hospitable environment.

Terrific morning and afternoon tea ... and lunch. All finished off with a few drinks and dinner at one of the local hotels.

Thanks also to Dave for taking me to dig a few plums before the Dept of Environment 'rip out all the non-native plants'!!!

Looking forward to 2010 in Bendigo. :D :D :D

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”