Bonsai Society of WA - Annual Show 2015

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Melaleuca and Callistemon
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of WA

Bonsai Society of WA - Annual Show 2015

Post by Jason »

Hey guys and gals,

That time of the year is upon us again... SHOW TIME!!

:aussie: :aussie: :aussie:

This year the Bonsai Society of WA will be hosting its show on the 12th and 13th of September, and it will definately not be one to be missed! Featuring a mass of WA's finest Bonsai and Suiseki, as well as an interesting and thought provoking Contemporary Bonsai display. The weekend will also feature demonstrations, raffles, and a sales area to get your hands on your very own bonsai to take home. If you're in WA and have an interest in bonsai, then this you will not want to miss it!

When: 12th and 13th of September
Where: Morley Sport and Recreation Centre, crn of Wellington Road & Mangini Street, Morley WA 6062
2015 show.jpg
If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to drop me a line and I will be more then happy to answer :)

As always, I'll be there with camera in hand, so there will be plenty of pictures to follow!

Cheers
Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have a question? The AusBonsai Wiki most likely has the answer!

Looking for a Nursery or Club near your? Check out the AusBonsai Directory which lists them all

Raymond
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive
Bonsai Age: 4

Re: Bonsai Society of WA - Annual Show 2015

Post by Raymond »

Im sure I'll show my face again...
Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Elmar »

OK, right now I've crossed everything! :fc: and I mean everything!

Because I might be there to collect my new Truck ...!!! :fc: :fc: :fc:

Would only be able to do the Saturday, but who gives ...
Cheers
Elmar
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jason »

Would be great to see ya there Ray! Make sure you come say G'day again mate :)

Elmar, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! Will definately be worth it! I'll be there all weekend, so will definately catch up :)

Looking for a Nursery or Club near your? Check out the AusBonsai Directory which lists them all

Raymond
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Raymond »

Jason, do you know if anyone will have bags of Akadama on sale? I know the best stuff goes early at these shows...
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Post by Pup »

:bump: :bump: :bump: Just to let you know this show is on in September.
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jason »

Hey Ray,

Sorry I missed your post mate! I'm not actually sure if they will be or not, i know last year they did so good chance they will this year too :) If I remember, I'll ask at the meeting tonight for you! Always get there first thing saturday morning, as that is where you'll find all the good stuff :P

Shaping up to be a great show! Look forward to seeing everyone there :)

Cheers
Jason

Raymond
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Raymond »

Looking forward to this. Anyone who is not sure if they should go, take it from me, GO! You will meet some awesome people with amazing skills and experience, and believe it or not, those people love to talk to the less experienced...
Raymond
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Raymond »

:bump: :bump: :bump: This time next week peeps...
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jason »

So close now!! Only three sleeps to go before the show begins! :aussie:

If any one is coming down, please come and say hello, I'm always keen to meet new people (and not so new :P) and share some bonsai love. Any excuse to talk bonsai is a good one in my books :lol: I'll be the tall dude with dreads... if you can't find me, just look up ;) haha

regwac
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Elm
Bonsai Age: 18
Bonsai Club: CBS

Post by regwac »

Hi Jason , hope it goes well . Wish I could be there , but will be in Canberra selling some trees . Maybe I can get the numbers down to the point where I can get away for more than a few days .
Cheers
Graham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raymond
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Raymond »

Jason wrote:So close now!! Only three sleeps to go before the show begins! :aussie:

If any one is coming down, please come and say hello, I'm always keen to meet new people (and not so new :P) and share some bonsai love. Any excuse to talk bonsai is a good one in my books :lol: I'll be the tall dude with dreads... if you can't find me, just look up ;) haha
:lol: :lol: Nice one Jason. I will be there bright and early. Gotta get my bonsai fix then make it back to in-laws house for my beloved Freo Dockers final.
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jason »

regwac wrote:Hi Jason , hope it goes well . Wish I could be there , but will be in Canberra selling some trees . Maybe I can get the numbers down to the point where I can get away for more than a few days .
Cheers
Graham
Cheers Graham, another year or two and you'll probably be seeing some of your pots featuring in our show, with some of my bonsai in them :P unless another member is already using some, which is definitely possible! :)
Raymond wrote:
Jason wrote:So close now!! Only three sleeps to go before the show begins! :aussie:

:lol: :lol: Nice one Jason. I will be there bright and early. Gotta get my bonsai fix then make it back to in-laws house for my beloved Freo Dockers final.
I'll be there from the crack of dawn and will be missing the doctors winning that final :'( Will try and leave some tree's at the sales table for ya ;) haha

Raymond
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Raymond »

Jason wrote:
regwac wrote:Hi Jason , hope it goes well . Wish I could be there , but will be in Canberra selling some trees . Maybe I can get the numbers down to the point where I can get away for more than a few days .
Cheers
Graham
Cheers Graham, another year or two and you'll probably be seeing some of your pots featuring in our show, with some of my bonsai in them :P unless another member is already using some, which is definitely possible! :)
Raymond wrote:

I'll be there from the crack of dawn and will be missing the doctors winning that final :'( Will try and leave some tree's at the sales table for ya ;) haha
That sounds a lot like what happened last year...
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jason »

Raymond wrote:
That sounds a lot like what happened last year...
You honestly have to be there as soon as the doors open, it happens so fast hey. I'm in the same boat though, we don't get to buy anything until doors open either, so I'll be racing you there :P

I remember the first year I went, I made the mistake of having a look at the displays first... learnt my lesson right there and then :lol: haha
Last edited by Jason on September 9th, 2015, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”