A Touch of Japan

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
AndyC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Southlakes Bonsai Club, Central Coast Bonsai.

A Touch of Japan

Post by AndyC »

The Bonsai Society of the Central Coast invites you to join its 20th anniversary celebrations on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd September as outlined in the attached flyer.
The venue is the Gosford/Edogawa Commemorative Garden with events will occur in Studios 1, 2 & 3 and general garden areas.
Saturday 2nd September is a free “Family Fun day” with peripheral Japanese and bonsai related activities involving of local and Australian based organisations.
Displays of Bonsai, Suiseki, Ikebana, Calligraphy, and silk kimonos in Studio 1 all day.
Continuous demonstrations in Studios 2 & 3.
9-10am Suiseki with Brenda Parker
10 – 12.15pm Joe Morgan-Payler & Averil Stanley
10 – 12.15pm Andrew Edge & Hugh Grant
12.45pm Aikido martial art demonstration in the general gardens
1.15 – 2.15pm Ikebana with Aya Ishibata
1.30 – 4.30pm Anime characters / actors in the general gardens
2.15pm – 4.45pm Joe Morgan-Payler & Averil Stanley in Studio 2
2.15pm – 4.45pm Andrew Edge & Hugh Grant in Studio 3
Sunday 3rd September consists of workshops in both morning and afternoon with four expert bonsai artists; Joe Morgan-Payler, Averil Stanley, Hugh Grant and Andrew Edge.
Sunday workshop participants and observer attendance is on the basis of pre-registration and payment of fees as per the attached flyer.
If you would like to attend the Sunday workshops, please book and reserve your place ASAP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndyC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: A Touch of Japan

Post by AndyC »

Several “workshop participant” positions remain available with each of the tutors on Sunday 3rd September and also a few “Observer” vacancies.

Joe Morgan-Payler, Averil Stanley, Hugh Grant and Andrew Edge are without doubt fantastic tutors, each providing a great opportunity to increase your existing bonsai knowledge and expertise.

If you would like to participate in the workshops, in addition to sending your payment as outlined in the brochure, please also send an email to Steve Reeve (sreeve@bigpond.net.au) advising of your intent.
AndyC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by AndyC »

Hi,
We wanted to give an update on the Central Coast Bonsai Club’s forthcoming September celebration, in particular with respect to the Sunday workshops.
As of today we have the following vacancies:
Joe Morgan-Payler (1 morning and 3 afternoon vacancies)
Averil Stanley (3 morning and 3 afternoon vacancies)

If you are interested in the above workshop positions, please email Steve Reeve (sreeve@bigpond.net.au) ASAP.

There are no vacancies for:
Workshops with Hugh Grant
Workshops with Andrew Edge

There are no remaining “Observer” vacancies for any workshops.
We also look forward to you visiting the Saturday free family fun day.

Best Regards
Andy
sreeve
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs & Azaleas
Bonsai Age: 19
Bonsai Club: Central Coast Bonsai Club

Post by sreeve »

Further to Andy’s post about our 20th birthday celebrations, there have been several queries and I would like to include the responses here.

Saturday 2nd September

1. The Suiseki demonstration (9am – 10am) will be conducted by Brenda Parker
2. Whilst Suiseki, Kimonos, Ikebana and Bonsai will be exhibited on Saturday, only bonsai will be exhibited on Sunday
3. Due to the range of free demonstrations and related exhibitions, the bonsai exhibition will be modest with approximately 12 – 18 quality trees. Our Annual Show will still be held next year and many trees will be on display at that time.
4. Club members will have a sales table with bonsai and related materials available for purchase.
5. Denise Allen will have a range of bonsai posts available for sale.
6. Aikido is a Japanese martial art. The Aikido demonstration will be provided by Kowakan Aikido
7. Ikebana – is the Japanese art of flower arrangement. The Ikebana demonstration will be provided by Mrs Aya Ishibata from the Ikenobo Ikebanai School
8. Silk Kimonos, Calligraphy, Origami and Yukatas will be provided by parents and students of the Central Coast Japanese Community Language School
9. Anime – think of fictional characters eg Avatar and other movie characters. There will be 20+ cosplay actors dressed and acting the roles of various characters.
10. There is no entry cost for Saturday.

Sunday 3rd September

1. Whilst bonsai will remain on display on Sunday, all other Saturday activities and exhibitions will have ceased – please refer to the brochure.
2. Sunday is focussed on those people who have registered and paid to attend either workshop or as an observer.
3. A light lunch is included int eh cost of registration
4. There are no observer places left.
5. As of this posting, there are still a few workshop vacancies:
2 with Joe Morgan-Payler in the afternoon
1 with Averil Stanley in the morning
2 with Averil Stanley in the afternoon

Averil and Joe are in my opinion two of the best bonsai artists in Australia and are extraordinary tutors.
If you would like to join a phenomenal workshop experience, please complete the application form and also send me an email ASAP.

If you have any other queries, please let me know.

I look forward to you joining our birthday celebrations.

Regard
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Aussie Natives
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

Post by dansai »

:bump:

I'll be heading along.
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus
sreeve
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs & Azaleas
Bonsai Age: 19
Bonsai Club: Central Coast Bonsai Club

Post by sreeve »

Thanks for bumping the post Dansai.

I hope you enjoyed the day.

I think everyone attending would have enjoyed the demonstrations by Joe Morgan-Payler, Averil Stanley, Andrew Edge, Hugh Grant and Brenda Parker, let alone the myriad of other arts and activities.

I would also like to thank the many AusBonsai members who travelled from Sydney and Newcastle to spend some time with us.

As a comparatively small club, for us it was a massive day. In total we had 676 adults and at least 200 children visit. We were hoping to achieve a growth in membership, particularly young people. Time will tell.

Again, thanks for your support – maybe we will do it again in another 20 years when we celebrate our 40th birthday :D

Regards
Steve
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Aussie Natives
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

Post by dansai »

Here's some pics from the show. Unfortunately I didn't get photo's of all the trees. I got distracted and then there was too many people in a small space to get more photos. It was only a small show, but there was some great trees.
Central Coast Bonsai Show - 1.jpg
Central Coast Bonsai Show - 2.jpg
Central Coast Bonsai Show - 3.jpg
Central Coast Bonsai Show - 4.jpg
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”