Bimer Club Demo with Tony Bebb

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
AGarcia
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougie, Black Pine
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Bimer Club Demo with Tony Bebb

Post by AGarcia »

The last club meeting had Tony Bebb as the guest demonstrator. It was a relaxed format with Tony providing critiques on semi-trained stock. As always he was very informative and helpful in providing ideas for the direction of the tree.

He did some inital pruning on a Juniper that was to be grown on explaining the maintenance that should be performed for such material. Sorry, I don't have an after image.

Lastly he did some initial pruning on my privet. This was initially a pencil thick cutting that was planted on top of my turtle pond and hedge-trimmed every couple of months for about 5 years. There is a nice root flare under there but I planted it a bit deeper when I dug it out last year to get some smaller roots growing on the long thick ones. I think this tree is turning out nice. I will post more pics once I get around to finishing the styling.

Thanks to BB for the photos.

AG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AGarcia on October 13th, 2009, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”