Myrtleford Ag show

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
Hal
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pine
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: Northern, YV

Re: Myrtleford Ag show

Post by Hal »

Some awesome specimens there gents. Not sure how you managed to transport those rocky mountains. :worship: :worship:
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Post by alpineart »

Matthew wrote:Fantastic work guys . I really should come up one year or better yet enter a few trees .
Hi Matthew , bugger entering , I was hoping you might volunteer as a real judge :yes:

Cheers . Alpine.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hal wrote:Some awesome specimens there gents. Not sure how you managed to transport those rocky mountains. :worship: :worship:
Hi Hal , those rocky mountains are laid in the back or strapped into seat belts like kids . The Ishitsuki P.J Figs is about to get a new home , its too tall to fit in the back of the 4x4 now and cant be laid down .Needs about 150mm off the bottom so a new rock is in the pipeline .

Cheers Alpineart
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hi Matthew , mate just took a look at your tree's , make for a bloody good challege if you were to enter , but I think a real judge would be better :whistle:
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Matthew »

Alpine. might take you up on the judging next year. Let me know whats involved when we get around to this time again . Ive finished my overseas holidaying by October usually
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

A great show guys and love the heated (But friendly :?: ) competition. It is a shame you live over the other side of the planet to me as i would love to stroll through your Nursery's. Maybe next year organise a weekend away.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Matthew »

Bodhi
Neil,Alpine and myself are all about 45-50 min away from each other kinda in a triangle shape . I should make more effort to visit both these guys more often but between 2 jobs , a property and several hobbies time just seems to get way
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Post by shibui »

Some awesome specimens there gents. Not sure how you managed to transport those rocky mountains
What he hasn't told you is that those mountains are actually hand made fro m hebel' aerated cement which means they are not quite as heavy as they look - still quite weighty but still manageable, just.

Thanks for the compliments Matthew and Bodhi. Will be happy to see you if either manage some time for the trip.
Also great Shohins Neil. I especially like the one on the left next to the corky bark
That's my preference too Matthew but the chunkier trunk on the other elm is usually attractive to untutored judges even though it has a less refined canopy.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Matthew wrote:Alpine. might take you up on the judging next year. Let me know whats involved when we get around to this time again . Ive finished my overseas holidaying by October usually
Hi Mathew , the judging would be purely voluntary . I could speak with the show committee and suggest an ideal candidate as in yourself . Our club would no doubt offer a free 12 month subscription for your services as a judge :lol: , bloody hell I would be more than happy pay it myself :worship: but it would mean an appearance at meeting every now and again .

I have been a part time member all year with various issues but luckily Shibui and Sir Theodore have big shoulders .

Cheers Alpine
Last edited by alpineart on October 30th, 2017, 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

HI bodhi , nothing heated here ,we're as cool as cucumbers . We just like the competitive nature and the challenge from the judges :reading:

I'm due for holidays , more like long service leave . I will head over for a visit after another medical practice stuff up is fixed up which is posponed until after chrissy .

Cheers . Alpine
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Post by shibui »

A passerby has sent me this photo of Alpine Art surrounded by a group of enthralled visitors. Not sure how the voice held out but he did an awful lot of talking during the day and a great many people are very much better informed as a result.
:tu: Ian.
Myrtleford show 2017 .jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hi Neil , its always an eager crowd at local shows . I think people in general like the idea that they don't have to be members of clubs to seek out infomation in these arena's . Done a lot of talking thats for sure but not much work took place .
On these occasions I prefer the chatting to the public rather than working tree's , just cant keep focused .

We have certainly stirred up some interest in Bonsai here in the N.E. through local show promotions

Cheers Ian

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”