Bjorn Bjorholm Japan Tour

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
PAC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives,Junipers, JBP
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: National, Bonsai Study Group

Bjorn Bjorholm Japan Tour

Post by PAC »

Hi folks

I've just arrived back from Bjorn's tour of Kyoto, Osaka, Osaka mountains, Omiya, Tokyo, the two parts of the Kokufu-ten exhibition and the Green Club. If going to Japan for bonsai is on your bucket list this tour is highly recommended. 24 of us from 8 countries. Organisation was outstanding, accommodation, food, ground transport excellent and access to some of the best and oldest nurseries.

Bjorn is well respected and we had access to him 8-10 hours a day he must have answered thousands of questions about trees, techniques, shows, nurseries and was able to negotiate with many of the nursery owners particularly about pots.

He has posted many photos on the Bonsai Empire website and has just posted a short video of the tour on Youtube. This photo was at Mr Kobayashi's nursery and museum.

Regards
Paul C
IMG_2238.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: Bjorn Bjorholm Japan Tour

Post by Watto »

I would echo the thoughts and experiences of Paul, a fantastic experience. Good time, good people and great bonsai - what more could you ask for. If you are thinking of going to the mecca of bonsai this was highly organised and worked really well.
Only one problem - getting those pots back to Aus safely.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PAC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PAC »

Morning Watto

My five little ones managed to survive a cab ride, a bus ride, 3 airports and a tired traveller!

PC
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Post by Watto »

All mine survived the journey, one bag with two weight warnings though!
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ian Hutchins
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: Goulburn NSW

Post by Ian Hutchins »

WELCOME BACK WATTO AND JUDE - I SEE WATTO IS INCOGNITO , HIDING BEHIND A MANIFICENT OLD/ANCIENT PINE WITH JUDE FRONT AD CENTRE
IAN
SueBee
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Wisteria,EE.
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: VBC, Always Learning via Net, Reading & practice.

Post by SueBee »

I notice that several of the older Bonsai are set in trays of water - is this the norm with older trees - or just some species?
Thanks for Sharing
SueBee

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Marcus Tullius Cicero
GoldfieldsBS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by GoldfieldsBS »

PAC wrote:Hi folks

I've just arrived back from Bjorn's tour of Kyoto, Osaka, Osaka mountains, Omiya, Tokyo, the two parts of the Kokufu-ten exhibition and the Green Club. If going to Japan for bonsai is on your bucket list this tour is highly recommended. 24 of us from 8 countries. Organisation was outstanding, accommodation, food, ground transport excellent and access to some of the best and oldest nurseries.

Bjorn is well respected and we had access to him 8-10 hours a day he must have answered thousands of questions about trees, techniques, shows, nurseries and was able to negotiate with many of the nursery owners particularly about pots.

He has posted many photos on the Bonsai Empire website and has just posted a short video of the tour on Youtube. This photo was at Mr Kobayashi's nursery and museum.

Regards
Paul C
IMG_2238.JPG
I was going to go this year but decided to see Bjorn in Melbourne before deciding on going in the future. Glad you all had a great time. Paul

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
PAC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PAC »

I'm pretty confident after you meet him you will sign up! He's just such a genuine nice knowledgable bloke.

Paul C
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives and Exotics

Post by Pearcy001 »

GoldfieldsBS wrote:I was going to go this year but decided to see Bjorn in Melbourne before deciding on going in the future. Glad you all had a great time. Paul
I'm in the same boat as you Paul. Hope everyone that went this trip has an amazing time, it certainly looks it!

For anyone else interested in the meeting Bjorn in Melbourne this year, here's a thread.
viewtopic.php?t=24166
Cheers,
Pearcy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Pearcy001 on February 22nd, 2018, 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”