Bonsai Study Group Show

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
PAC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives,Junipers, JBP
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: National, Bonsai Study Group

Bonsai Study Group Show

Post by PAC »

Good Morning everyone

The Bonsai Study Group is holding it's Annual Show this Saturday the 19 May 2018 at the West Pymble Community Hall, Loftberg Road West Pymble.

We will be open from 10am to 4pm with displays of miniature, small, medium and large bonsai, saikei and suiseki.

There will be demonstrations on styling and techniques at 11am and 1.30pm

Ray Nesci Bonsai Nursery will have plants, starters, advanced stock, tools, potting mix and accessories for sale.

Janet Selby Studio will have Australian made pots and ceramics for sale.

There will be a Members Sales area in the carpark, established trees and pots for sale.

Raffles and a lucky door prize. Just $4 entry includes ticket for lucky door prize and kids are free.

Regards
Paul Carey
President
Thymetraveller
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Trees!
Bonsai Age: 6

Re: Bonsai Study Group Show

Post by Thymetraveller »

That's my Saturday sorted then!
:cool:
bonborn
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by bonborn »

Photos from the show for those who couldn't make it. It was such an amazing show. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk
bonborn
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by bonborn »

More pics. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

bonborn
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by bonborn »

More picsImage

PAC
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives,Junipers, JBP
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: National, Bonsai Study Group

Post by PAC »

Wow Bonborn!

I was about to sit down and post some photos from our show. I got busy yesterday and was just flicking through Ausbonsai this morning and saw yours, which are much better than mine.

We didn't do a theme this year just left things relatively uncluttered, but used some black backgrounds and black table covers which highlighted the trees rather than the surrounds.

There were a number of trees with 'story notes' next to them. One is the big Chisio maple with the dirty small pot next to it. The story is the maple is a 1976 tree purchased from the Koreshoff nursery by Jenny Lane. Jenny was a prominent miniature bonsai enthusiast in the 60's and 70's. The small pot is it's original pot. The tree was sold by Jenny to Lee Wilson in 1986. Lee is another well known and prominent bonsai bloke. I inherited a large number of pots from Jenny and mentioned this to Lee one day who said he had a Jenny Lane tree. I bought the tree from Lee a couple of years ago. Jenny is in assisted care now and I send her photos of this tree occasionally, she will be thrilled to see this one.

Thanks again and thanks to all those who showed up we had a large crowd through the Hall, Janet Selby sold quite a few pots, Ray Nesci did quite well and our members sale area nearly sold out. The weather was perfect, our Hall was in the middle of kids soccer games and netball games, so we had passers-by come in all day!

Regards
Paul Carey
President Bonsai Study Group

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”