2018 Canberra Bonsai Society Annual Show

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Re: 2018 Canberra Bonsai Society Annual Show

Post by shibui »

For those who value such things, The large Qld small leaf fig in Lisa's photos won both best native and the People's Choice awards at this year's show.
This Japanese Black pine, which you can probably also find in other threads on Ausbonsai, was picked as the best bonsai in this year's show.
P1200211.JPG
Best small bonsai went to a Chinese elm. The flash shadow makes it a bit hard to see detail in my photo but it is the right side on the middle row. Just below is the Buxus harlandii that won best small tree last year.
P1200218.JPG
Also in that shohin display are: two shimpaku junipers, a small trident maple group and another smaller buxus harlandii.

The Saturday evening entertainment was a dual demo. Ash, from Bonsai world, started to restyle a 67 year old Koreshoff Japanese Black pine while I tackled the initial styling of a garden collected Callistemon 'Little John'
P1200221.JPG
P1200224.JPG
I didn't get photos of the pine.

4 demos presented by club members each day, including a couple by Leigh and Sam from the NBPCA.
As usual, A great quality show with lots of fun and great information from the Canberra members. If you're considering seeing the Canberra show it is definitely worth the drive and we'll be back next year :wave:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Post by melbrackstone »

Four demos per day???? My goodness, you guys really go all out! I am thinking Canberra is the place to be if you want to learn.... those trees are all fabulous.
Keels
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines, Eucalyptus and Callistemon
Bonsai Age: 11
Bonsai Club: CBS, Goulburn & VNBC

Post by Keels »

shibui wrote:For those who value such things, The large Qld small leaf fig in Lisa's photos won both best native and the People's Choice awards at this year's show.
This Japanese Black pine, which you can probably also find in other threads on Ausbonsai, was picked as the best bonsai in this year's show.

Best small bonsai went to a Chinese elm. The flash shadow makes it a bit hard to see detail in my photo but it is the right side on the middle row. Just below is the Buxus harlandii that won best small tree last year.

Also in that shohin display are: two shimpaku junipers, a small trident maple group and another smaller buxus harlandii.

The Saturday evening entertainment was a dual demo. Ash, from Bonsai world, started to restyle a 67 year old Koreshoff Japanese Black pine while I tackled the initial styling of a garden collected Callistemon 'Little John'

I didn't get photos of the pine.

4 demos presented by club members each day, including a couple by Leigh and Sam from the NBPCA.
As usual, A great quality show with lots of fun and great information from the Canberra members. If you're considering seeing the Canberra show it is definitely worth the drive and we'll be back next year :wave:

Here's a better picture of the elm. This tree was awesom. Loved it so much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Keels on October 16th, 2018, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”