Saulieu 2018 and Yangzhoou 2013

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
LLK
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acacia howittii
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: CBS, WCBG

Re: Saulieu 2018 and Yangzhoou 2013

Post by LLK »

There is plenty of choice in pots, in Australia, so long as you take the trouble to look around a bit. I treasure the pots I bought from Pat Kennedy, Graham Cook and Marg Fenn.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

LLK wrote:There is plenty of choice in pots, in Australia, so long as you take the trouble to look around a bit. I treasure the pots I bought from Pat Kennedy, Graham Cook and Marg Fenn.
100% agree.

I was going respond to a seperate thread (that I now realise was a few years old) where someone was having a crack at Australian potters. It wasn't the debate about the merits of Australian pots that bothered me the most - it was the rude, disrespectful and personal attack on our local potters themselves. (I really dislike disrespectful and rude behaviour in any setting.) Alas - I have decided ... why re-open that old thread; it juts gives oxygen to rude comments that are better left buried. Further, as someone relatively new to this hobby - it appears to me that the debate has moved on anyway. There are clearly numerous excellent local potters and to which we can support as we each see fit.

And sorry Lisa, I have somehow hijacked a thread about bonsai videos from different regions with my own waffle... apologies, I'll shut up about pots now!
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

And to be totally clear....no one on this thread was in any way rude at all. IMHO. Rather my ire was raised when I read a historical thread that I came across recently.

Ok - sun’s out and I’m off to an inaugural Bonsai show in Warrigal..... better pack that cut lunch!
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”