Albury Show 2018

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Albury Show 2018

Post by alpineart »

Well its done and dusted for another year . I missed the show last year due to ill health so this year I put in a little effort to support our club and once again to promote Bonsai outside in the real world .

While Shibui wasn't present this year we certainly made up the numbers with a good array of both amateur and novice bonsai on display along with a good selection of sale stock .
DSCN1393.JPG
DSCN1394.JPG
DSCN1395.JPG
DSCN1417.JPG
DSCN1417.JPG
With numbers down on both Friday Night and Saturday will still had plenty of visitors to the Horticultural section

Congrat's and thank you to all who participated in all sections , and a big thank you to our judges
DSCN1397.JPG
DSCN1398.JPG
DSCN1400.JPG
DSCN1401.JPG
DSCN1410.JPG
DSCN1416.JPG

I didn't see our pollies at any of the Horticultural shows this year , obviously not looking for brownie points , I would have stuck a rocket under them as the pavilions are in desperate need of upgrades in both Myrtleford and Albury and god now how many other towns .
And to think they waste millions on bloody bike trails up here to have the cyclist ride on the roads , go figure

Cheers . Alpineart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KIRKY
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Flowering
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: BSV

Re: Albury Show 2018

Post by KIRKY »

Thanks for posting the pic’s Alpineart :tu:
I’m sure had you raised the issue of the state of your pavilions the pollies would have gladly appointed an Inquiry and Advisory Committee to look into it. Spending hundreds of thousands looking into it, only to tell you there’s no money in the budget for pavilions :o . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Kirky
Great oaks from little acorns grow.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

Post by Ryceman3 »

Cheers for the pics Alpine, always nice to check out what is happening outside my travelling zone. The second last pic you posted has a familiar looking tree on the left with a red ribbon placed on it... I feel like I’ve seen it before... ;)
Congrats! :hooray:
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hi Kirky , pollies are wallies that.s for sure . Another 5 mil on a rail trail for the visiting lycra clad tourist army that use the roads , and nothing for the locals for sporting or entertainment arena's .

Wangaratta got absolute milions for hospital upgrades only because the Vic premier is born and bred in Wang .

Anyway I've had my whinge :palm: , it was a good day out :yes: might even organize a nice drop sheet to hang as a back drop ;) .

Cheers . Alpine
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hi Ryceman3 , it might only be a horticultural show but the public was as keen as mustard to see Bonsai . The majority walked in and went straight to the sale stock {trainers} so we kindly pointed them in the right direction .

The Phoenix graft had most intrigued especially when I told them it was only about 10 years old and manufactured . All up we had 4 different winners in 3 classes and I think only 5 entrants overall .

Plenty of trainers and small Bonsai were sold so that lightened the load coming home and more space on the benches here too .

We also had plenty of interest from the general public in trying out Bonsai and many were interested in the club activities so all in all a very productive day/night .

Cheers . Alpine
melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Post by melbrackstone »

Good on ya Alpine, nice to see the general public being given what they want, even if the pavilions are a bit manky. Good luck getting help for the show societies! (Shouldn't they be lobbying too?)

Thanks for sharing.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hi Mel , The general public are more genuine the than the so called powers to be . Our local show has been promised upgrades and even a new pavilion numerous times in the last decade , always in election years . All we got was a white wash paint job from the incarcerated .

I'm certain the show societies have lobbied , I just speak a different language , "subtle as a brick" and don't hold back when it comes to Pollies or local councilors .

Cheers . Alpine
melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Post by melbrackstone »

I understand....it can be infuriating, that's for sure. Good luck to your show society finding the right words to get what they need...

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”