Chinese Penjing Society of Canada Exhibition 2019

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
Huw.S
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Chinese Penjing Society of Canada Exhibition 2019

Post by Huw.S »

Hi all,

I am currently in Vancouver for a short while and took the opportunity to visit the Chinese Penjing Society of Canada annual exhibition. Some interesting trees and displays, the number of huge azaleas impressed me! Also interesting to see some of the species they can grow that are not so common in Aus!

Sorry that the tags aren't clear on all photos. I am posting here as I thought some might be interested in having a browse and seeing what people in other countries/ cities are up to, particularly in regards to Penjing. These images are of course a selection of the entire exhibition, the ones I considered noteworthy for a variety of reasons.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Re: Chinese Penjing Society of Canada Exhibition 2019

Post by Matthew »

Some fantastic Azealas there . I wonder how many were imported from Japan. That semi cascade pine with the wild trunk I also like a lot , The pot i'm not too sure on though.....
Huw.S
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Chinese Penjing Society of Canada Exhibition 2019

Post by Huw.S »

I did actually chat to a few members of the club and they said quite a few of the big azaleas were indeed from Japan. The black pine pine was amazing, the photo doesn't do the trunk justice, right before the foliage starts there is a huge twist which was very dramatic but difficult to see from the front view. Agreed that a pot change could be in order!

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”