Goulburn Bonsai Society Exhibition 30 Sept and 1 Oct 2023

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Goulburn Bonsai Society Exhibition 30 Sept and 1 Oct 2023

Post by Watto »

Yes, fuel up the horse and carriage and get on up to the GBS exhibition for 2023.
Two days of fun filled bonsai activity with a chance to view our exhibition, a chance to purchase a bonsai or stock plant, to buy a pot or two and fully immerse yourself in bonsai fun.
As an added bonus I understand Potter Ben (Ben Ho) will be returning for another year of selling his beautiful unique handmade bonsai pots, an opportunity not to be missed.
The location this year is 326 Auburn Street Goulburn, in the main drag so its easy to find and plenty of other attractions on in Goulburn to see on those days.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Goulburn Bonsai Society Exhibition 30 Sept and 1 Oct 2023

Post by Watto »

AND if you wish to have more bonsai after an extended look at the exhibition you could visit Australian Native Bonsai nursery just down the road at 66 Auburn Street.
What a weekend it could be - double bonsai!
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viveann
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Chinese Elm
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Goulburn

Post by viveann »

Yes Watto, once again we will get together to show how our trees are progressing. Next weekend is very fast approaching!
Really looking forward to it this year. What with Potter Ben bringing his pots once again, some Aust Native Bonsai Nursery stock, club members' stock for sale, a small amount of local potter's ware, and to top it off an Ikebana demonstration by Alex Evans (11am Saturday)as well.
Should be an entertaining weekend for both the participants (our club members) and those lovely visitors who make the easy drive to Goulburn.

It's so great to see so many new enthusiasts adding their voices to the ausbonsai family. Great work guys. :wave:
Hope to see some of you at our exhibition.
Viv
olicreighton
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Sydney City Bonsai Club

Post by olicreighton »

Hey watto and all, where can I find details for this exhibition? Can’t seem to find details or a schedule etc.

Thanks all!
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Watto »

Hi Oli,
I will tell you what I know - this coming Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm both days at 326 Auburn Street Goulburn.
There will be an exhibition of local club members bonsai, there will be pots for sale (one off hand made Australian pots - not to be missed - but I recommend if you want one of these Saturday attendance is recommended) bonsai for sale, bonsai stock plants for sale, Ikebana on display and a demo at 11am on Saturday and I understand there will be someone working on bonsai over the whole weekend.
If I had a flyer I would send you one but alas I haven't seen one.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Watto »

Just two more sleeps to go.
olicreighton
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by olicreighton »

Thanks for the details Watto! I was planning on setting up my irrigation this Saturday, but might be able to spare some hours and drive down.

Oli
Young, dumb and excited to contribute to this wonderful forum and the wider bonsai community.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Watto »

I think that's an excellent idea, I'll see you there.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Watto »

All set up and ready to go, don't miss it.
olicreighton
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by olicreighton »

Big thanks for the hospitality yesterday Watto. Fantastic exhibition!
Young, dumb and excited to contribute to this wonderful forum and the wider bonsai community.
viveann
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Chinese Elm
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Goulburn

Post by viveann »

Hey Watto, what a great weekend!
A VERY BIG thank you to all the wonderful Bonsai people who took the time to travel to Goulburn (or stop unexpectedly on the way through, as one enthusiast reported) to visit our exhibition this weekend, :clap: We were delighted to see so many familiar faces, have a chatty catch up, and part with a stock tree or two or three or more, as well as some great deals on pots.
This is what makes the Bonsai world go round and it is a delight to be part of it.
Again thanks, and we will be returning the favour to our Canberra neighbours next weekend.

Viv
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Watto »

I think its only fair if you advertise on this platform that you provide some proof that the event actually happened ;) .
So I am looking forward to the photos from the Bonsai Study Group and BSA shows that were recently held, and of course I am looking forward to the upcoming photos from Urimbirra (Wollongong), Newcastle and Canberra events.
So to prove we actually had an event, here are a couple of photos - not all of the displays but a few to entice you to attend next year (I should have recovered from my exhaustion by then).
For a very small club I think we punch well above our weight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”