sad passing of Alison Copperfield

Seen something in print or on TV? Have a good book to review? Know something others don't? Post here.
bonsaiLov
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: FIGS
Bonsai Age: 28

Re: sad passing of Alison Copperfield

Post by bonsaiLov »

Just a funny one, [meant to be taken in humor], I remember Alison telling me once when I babysat her beautiful home while they holidayed, that back when Alison was writing a paper on LEECHES for Uni', she would place her baby on a blanket in the bush and record the leeches that where attracted to the squirming babe!
Also if anyone went to touch the foliage on one of her trees , if they were a smoker, she would slap your knuckles with the back of her hand, explaining the toxic chemicals on peoples hands that smoked were dangerous to trees. RIP Alison and Frank
Reece
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Conifers.
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: sad passing of Alison Copperfield

Post by Reece »

bonsaiLov wrote:Just a funny one, [meant to be taken in humor], I remember Alison telling me once when I babysat her beautiful home while they holidayed, that back when Alison was writing a paper on LEECHES for Uni', she would place her baby on a blanket in the bush and record the leeches that where attracted to the squirming babe!
Also if anyone went to touch the foliage on one of her trees , if they were a smoker, she would slap your knuckles with the back of her hand, explaining the toxic chemicals on peoples hands that smoked were dangerous to trees. RIP Alison and Frank

Haha.... She sounds like she was a very funny and smart lady! R.I.P
Last edited by Reece on March 5th, 2015, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bonsai in the Media & History of Australian Bonsai”