Master Craftsman place Your Orders

Everything about displaying your bonsai.
Bonsaiforest
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple

Master Craftsman place Your Orders

Post by Bonsaiforest »

Now let's down to it...I've been searching for a turntable suitable for both my larger & smaller trees for quite some time now... I recently posted about bonsai turntables in the hope to find the perfect match for my needs - received excellent suggestions especially from Grant Bowie. And then recieved a reply post from Peterb that caught my attention...Hmmm

I was looking for a table that would last a lifetime (& when passed down ... with many more years to come) ...!!!

The requirements were as follows:

1# I wanted a table to be of a durable long lasting material

2# It had to have a swivel base that was smooth and not clunky

3# I needed it to lock securely in any chosen position

4# I needed a table that was short and stable - Not top heavy when holding some serious weight

5# I wanted a table that had feet that were adjustable for it to sit level on my bench ( or where ever else I choose to work
on my trees)

6# And I wanted a table that I could interchange tops depending on size.

Peterb's reply post had a few pics showing the previous table and mechanism used that he made for friends and other interested buyers. The look of the shaft / legs & locking mechanism really grabbed my attention. So I contacted him via PM and we chatted back and forth for a short while... Discussing design and materials that he uses.
It's serious stuff and will definitely last the distance. Heavy duty steel fabrication with internal stainless shaft (dimpled so that when locked table top doesn't budge) that fits snugly into collar and then wrapped with Japanese NSK bearings & stainless locking bolt.
So it was time to place my order including all of the above requirements. I sent through a drawing to him and he said that he'd get started straight away.
And YES my table arrived TODAY....!!!! Was surprised that it arrived so quickley . Haven't attached top yet so you can get a better look at the quality of his work... Yes he's a Master Craftsman and I'm sure that he could pretty much make anything. Get in touch with him via PM to Place your Orders....!!! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I have a large top for my bigger trees & am going to make a top the same as Grant Bowie's for my smaller trees which provides options of different viewing angles

Here It is..........WOW........!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bonsaiforest on June 29th, 2015, 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bonsaiforest
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Master Craftsman place Your Orders

Post by Bonsaiforest »

Mr Peterb ... Thank you so much for creating a table that I'll be proud to work on. I really can't wait to put the tops on & put it to good use. I'll have to spread the word and show off photos up here in Sydney. I'm sure there will be a lot of interest & possible orders.

All the best Good Luck & thanks again
Last edited by Bonsaiforest on June 29th, 2015, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Elmar »

Nice!
I thought it would stand on the floor, at first. Looks tough.

Cheers
Elmar
Cheers
Elmar
Boics
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Banksia, Syzygium, Cotoneaster. Leptospermum
Bonsai Age: 7

Post by Boics »

Cool!!

Glad your happy with it.
Looks like a top job!
One of the fabulous things about growing bonsai is as you get old and decrepit your trees get old and beautiful
Bonsaiforest
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Bonsaiforest »

Yeah really happy with it can either be used on floor or bench... whatever suites. Definitely Tough did the stand test & balanced on it. Pretty crazy I know but if it can hold my 104kg's then it can hold up to anything...!!! Will re-post and keep you all updated when I get the top on, and in its rightful place.
Last edited by Bonsaiforest on June 29th, 2015, 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Webos
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Southern Vic Bonsai Club

Post by Webos »

This is my home job.. Hairdressers chair, waterjet cut piece of steel... Put them together, instant turntable! Hydraulic foot pump... Push to pump, full depression to drop, lift to lock...

Excellent turntable, but it's not portable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Webos on June 30th, 2015, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pots, Benches, and Stands”