More new pots

Everything about displaying your bonsai.
kez
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines, Junipers
Bonsai Age: 0

More new pots

Post by kez »

I got in touch with Sara Rayner again as I wanted another one of her pots for the mugo I worked on with Mauro. She was fantastic to deal with once again and even included something extra in this shipment as a thank you for purchasing a pot even though shipping is as steep as it is.

Anyway here is the pot I purchased for the mugo, it's a round pot and measures 39cm across by 12cm deep
IMG_3755 (1024x683).jpg
And here is the extra pot she sent with the larger one, a little shohin round that measures 13cm across and 7cm deep
IMG_3757 (1024x683).jpg
Once again I can't speak highly enough of the experience in dealing with Sara, she is a world class potter and if you can provide a pic of the tree you are looking for a pot for she will provide a number of options based on size, your preference and her experience. If you are prepared to pay for it, her pots are well worth it, and I imagine somewhat of a rarity in this country so may well be very collect-able one day

Hope you all enjoy

Kerrin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: More new pots

Post by Watto »

Well selected, I really like the first pot. Sara is featured in the latest edition of Bonsai Focus and it is a good read.
Post a pic when the potting is done if you wouldn't mind.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pat K
Mud Slinger
Mud Slinger
Favorite Species: Acer
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: Canberra Bonsai Soc.
Location: Adelong ....midway between Sydney and Melbourne, off the Hume Hwy

Re: More new pots

Post by Pat K »

Oh, to be a fly-on-the-wall when she achieved that texture....

Very nice!!!

Return to “Pots, Benches, and Stands”