Got myself a new beauty.

Everything about displaying your bonsai.
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives and Exotics
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Got myself a new beauty.

Post by Pearcy001 »

Happy to share Revo! Hopefully everyone else will be as happy with their purchase if they choose to get one as I was :D
CoGRedeMptioN wrote:Man there are some really nice pots (well, they appeal to me, anyway! :D )
Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 5.59.12 pm.png
:hooray:
Haha I love them too mate, if only I was made of money :cry::cry:
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Pearcy001 »

Thought I might as well rehash this thread and begin sharing some more pots that I have acquired in the last couple year or so.

I still have not had the chance to use any of my pots, as my trees are not quite ready yet. Alas I can't stop buying them all the same haha.

The next piece is a lotus shaped bonsai pot, sized at 25.5 x 19.5 x 8 of very nice quality (or so I think). Its a stoneware pot fired at 1260° and is made of a grey speckled clay, coated with a green/brown glaze.

The artist's is based in the Netherlands, working out of Rotterdam. Her name is Manon Jamin and the name of her store is 'MADE Bonsai Pots'.

All of Manon's pots appear to have detailed feet, with each different to the last. I find this a really nice touch.

The pot took around 10 days to arrive via post. It was well packaged and arrived safe and sound.

For anyone who would like to peruse other beautiful pots by Manon, her website is http://www.madebonsaipots.com/

The website in my opinion is well worth a look if you fancy the off pot or two. Hope you all enjoy! More to follow.

Cheers,
Pearcy.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Last edited by Pearcy001 on February 14th, 2017, 3:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
delisea
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

Post by delisea »

Hey Pearcy, Nice one. Bring on the pots there should be more discussion of pots on this site.
The question I ask myself is do I need a tree in mind to buy a pot or is OK to get one 'just in case''? (If it is a signed Yaamaki the answer is 'Just in case'.)
Cheers, Symon
melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Post by melbrackstone »

Really like that pot Pearcy! Congrats!
jarryd
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tasmanian Natives
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Southern Tasmania

Post by jarryd »

wow those pots are beautiful!

If you can afford to have extra pots on hand it is always nice to be able to size up a few different options before selecting the best fit. Like trying on a shoe!

I'm really looking forward to what our Australian potters continue to produce, as beautiful as those pots are I think we should all try to support Aussie potters so they continue to develop their own personal styles and production methods. After all there is nothing better then selecting pots in the flesh.
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/montanebonsai/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blog http://www.montanebonsai.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Pearcy001 »

jarryd wrote:wow those pots are beautiful!

If you can afford to have extra pots on hand it is always nice to be able to size up a few different options before selecting the best fit. Like trying on a shoe!

I'm really looking forward to what our Australian potters continue to produce, as beautiful as those pots are I think we should all try to support Aussie potters so they continue to develop their own personal styles and production methods. After all there is nothing better then selecting pots in the flesh.
Hi Jarryd,

I'm completely in agreement about supporting our Aussie Potter's, but I don't think we should be reluctant in sharing pieces from international artists for that reason.

Our potter's certainly hold their own IMO and I have a number of Aussie pots as well as from outside home. Only 2 pots have been shared on this thread thus far, there will definitely be Aussie pots to come.

I don't think that because our forum is AusBonsai we need to be strictly Australian, if anything we are proving that our local artists are just as good and can hold there own.

Cheers,
Pearcy.

melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Post by melbrackstone »

i have to say I'm happy to support both Aussie and overseas potters. I've been collecting from a number of potters, both here and OS, and enjoy the fact that there are so many different styles and shapes to choose from these days!
Nate.bonsai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: JBP
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by Nate.bonsai »

Pearcy, thanks for hunting out some beautiful pots. On your tip, I just bought this one from Made Bonsai (given that you already snagged that lovely clover shaped one). ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Pearcy001 »

Great pot Nate, I'm sure you'll be as happy as I was when it arrives. Do you have a tree in mind yet?
melbrackstone wrote:i have to say I'm happy to support both Aussie and overseas potters. I've been collecting from a number of potters, both here and OS, and enjoy the fact that there are so many different styles and shapes to choose from these days!
Completely agree Mel. I think that is half of what makes collecting from a number of different potter's so great, each with their own styles and attributes.

Cheers,
Pearcy.

Last edited by Pearcy001 on February 15th, 2017, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate.bonsai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: JBP
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by Nate.bonsai »

Nothing in mind and it is probably too small for anything that I have in development. But, yours and mine were so good looking that I went ahead anyway. First time I have dropped real money on a pot.

If it looks half as good as the pics (which are very well done), I will be happy. Thanks again for bringing these potters to our attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Pots, Benches, and Stands”