bonsai area

Everything about displaying your bonsai.
Lynette
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour, Australian National Bonsai Assoc., APBS

bonsai area

Post by Lynette »

We have just started making my new bonsai area, or I should say David haas just started, I just direct. Here are some photos. To day he made a bridge over the dry river and layed some of the stones out better, but I haven't taken a photo of that yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kvan64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: black pine
Bonsai Age: 16

Re: bonsai area

Post by kvan64 »

Lynette, where do you buy the timber sleepers? Bunnings is too expensive.
Always we hope someone else has the answer.
Bonsai is an art of shrinking.
Lynette
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Lynette »

We have been getting them at Bunnings, don't know of anywhere else, but you could try a timber yard. I haven't thought of it before, but there is a timber mill just up the road from us,they might be much cheaper there.
Lynette
Mitchell
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: [color=#FFFF00]Aus[/color][color=#40FF40]Bonsai[/color]

Post by Mitchell »

WoW! What a lovely lil' bonsai yard! A bit of reed/bamboo screening and you'd think your in Japan! ;)
Regards, Mitchell.

"It is one thing to shape a tree into form, but when you are able to convincingly deceive ones perception of reality, something much more is accomplished than just a simple bonsai."

"In a perfect world, we would all be giants and all plants Bonsai."

"Grow big, finish small."

Image Join Ausbonsai today Click Here! Image
Loretta
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougainvillea
Bonsai Age: 18
Bonsai Club: nil

Post by Loretta »

Very nice Lynette, you have a nice big area (and nice trees too). Good to see someones area being built from scratch like this. I am in the process of doing the same. What are your round stands made of??
Loretta
craigw60
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: many
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: yarra valley

Post by craigw60 »

Hi Lynette, nice to see your trees so spread out it makes such a huge difference to them. Looking good.
Craig
Lynette
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Lynette »

Thanks everybody,
The round stands are made of concrete, they were left over from a house we built afew years ago and where they were used on top of bricks to hold up the porch. I suspect they would be expensive just to use as bonsai stands.
Being abale to seperate the trees makes them look so much better. I still have a couple of hundred to find places for. I just put mainly the decidius one in this area because of the way they will be shaded in summer.
I have made a rough drawing of what we hope to achieve and we still have a way to go. I had more screening, but it just goes a horrible colour, so now a looking for something else to use.
Lynette
Loretta
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougainvillea
Bonsai Age: 18
Bonsai Club: nil

Post by Loretta »

Lynette wrote:Thanks everybody,
The round stands are made of concrete, they were left over from a house we built afew years ago and where they were used on top of bricks to hold up the porch. I suspect they would be expensive just to use as bonsai stands.
Being abale to seperate the trees makes them look so much better. I still have a couple of hundred to find places for. I just put mainly the decidius one in this area because of the way they will be shaded in summer.
I have made a rough drawing of what we hope to achieve and we still have a way to go. I had more screening, but it just goes a horrible colour, so now a looking for something else to use.
Lynette

Crikey Lynette, if you've still got a couple of hundred trees waiting to be placed, and I've seen photos of other members' trees (in their hundreds also) HOW DO YOU PEOPLE GO AWAY FOR A HOLIDAY :o :o IM UP TO ABOUT FORTY AND STARTING TO PANICK :lol: :lol: I guess you really have to keep sweet with friends and family 8-) Also leaving your home would be a high security risk...how do you ensure they don't get stolen :o :o

Loretta

Return to “Pots, Benches, and Stands”