Bonsai Security

Everything about displaying your bonsai.
Hector Johnson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Bonsai Security

Post by Hector Johnson »

Deleted by author
Last edited by Hector Johnson on March 2nd, 2009, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Bonsai Security

Post by PeterW »

I have a 2.5 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback at 64kg's, usually does the trick. I am fortunate to live in from the road about 150mtrs or so and you cant see any sign of my property. Very private.
Peter
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by Bretts »

I'm with Peter. Keep it Simple :D
brontee.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Joel
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: A yet to be found native
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: The School of Bonsai

Post by Joel »

A friend of mine went on holidays and came back to find that one of her beautiful, large, old pines had been the subject of a failed theft attempt. She returned to find that this specimen was facing the wrong way around on her display pole! luckily, the thieve was nice enough to place the irrigation dripper back into the pot, and no damage was done. She was VERY lucky.

My trees aren't worth stealing, plus neighbour's can view my property easily, and i got one MEAN dog! Even I'm scared of her...

JayC
Last edited by Joel on February 26th, 2009, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Chown
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almost all
Bonsai Age: 100
Bonsai Club: None

Post by Jon Chown »

I have read many of these 'Security Threads' and I have come to the conclusion that some people are paranoid and others aren't. I personally believe that the majority of bonsai thefts are events of opportunity rather than planned events. My trees are in my front courtyard and visable to anyone walking by, they have been that way for around 8 years. On the other hand when I had my Nursery, my trees were locked behing an 8 foot fence but still the germs got in time and time again in full view of everyone going past.

I have also been involved on Internet forums for over 10 years using my true name and address and I personally don't and can't attribute any thefts of Bonsai as a direct link to being a member on a forum but hey - paranoia, it's your obsession. I wonder how many members of AoB and Kob have lost their trees?

Jon

Return to “Pots, Benches, and Stands”