Unknown Native ?Asteraceae?

Share ideas and photo's of accent plants and moss.
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Unknown Native ?Asteraceae?

Post by MattA »

I recently recieved this little collected native to use as an accent plant, it was repotted into this sweet 5cm sq chinese pot last weekend, with postive signs of accepting the move, today I did a little work to feed the aerial roots back into the main 'trunk'.
Dscn0748rz.jpg
Dscn0753rz.jpg
Dscn0749rz.jpg
I look forward to flowering & hopefully a positive ID.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
woody
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: all
Bonsai Age: 7

Re: Unknown Native ?Asteraceae?

Post by woody »

love the pot Ken,
never seen the plant before, very interesting though. How tall is the plant (not witht pot)?
woody
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Re: Unknown Native ?Asteraceae?

Post by MattA »

Thanks Woody,
I have seen it before while bushwalking but never had the opportunity to grow one thus never bothered with id. I had to go & measure, glad I did, the pot is 75mm not 50 wide, the plant stands 120mm tall without the dried flower stalks.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"

Return to “Accent Plants and Moss”