Recent trip to Japan

Share pictures and information about Japanese gardens, ponds, water features and Koi in this forum.

Recent trip to Japan

Postby meanstreak » June 13th, 2016, 8:27 pm

My girlfriend and I have recently come back from Japan, while we were over the we visited a beautiful Bonsai village with some wonderful gardens, I took alittle GoPro video of one of the gardens that had some amazing tree's. Hope you enjoy the footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CaSQsea0XM



just this last weekend, we visited a Garden where my girlfriend used to help out and we picked up this fantastic tree. I had seen it about 12 months ago and loved it, saw it again and had to buy it
Image

Enjoy
meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Location: Soon to be Gympie
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age:

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby Thymetraveller » June 13th, 2016, 9:04 pm

Great video! Where was the village?
User avatar
Thymetraveller
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 248
Images: 0
Joined: November 14th, 2015, 2:43 pm
Location: Hornsby NSW
Favorite Species: Pomegranate
Bonsai Age: 3

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby wrcmad » June 13th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Thymetraveller wrote:Great video! Where was the village?


Footage is Mansei-en nursery Omiya.
See the 2000 yr old Juni in centre of frame at 5:30. :shifty:
User avatar
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 330
Images: 0
Joined: April 25th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Northern NSW
Favorite Species: fig, elm
Bonsai Age: 28

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby meanstreak » June 13th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Thymetraveller wrote:Great video! Where was the village?


Place called Omiya
http://www.stib.jp/e/tourism/omiyabonsai.html

it was an awesome day
meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Location: Soon to be Gympie
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age:

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby meanstreak » June 13th, 2016, 9:17 pm

wrcmad wrote:
Thymetraveller wrote:Great video! Where was the village?


Footage is Mansei-en nursery Omiya.
See the 2000 yr old Juni in centre of frame at 5:30. :shifty:


amazing tree's
meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Location: Soon to be Gympie
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age:

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby Jb1 » June 16th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Thanks Meanstreak. Inspirational. :clap: Almost sensory overload. Having seen bonsai in Japan, they certainly know how to display their trees.
Cheers
Jb1
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 27
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 2:50 pm
Location: Rural NSW
Favorite Species: Ficus, maple, elm
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: CBS

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby meanstreak » June 17th, 2016, 5:06 pm

Jb1 wrote:Thanks Meanstreak. Inspirational. :clap: Almost sensory overload. Having seen bonsai in Japan, they certainly know how to display their trees.
Cheers



easy as mate, yeah such a beautiful culture, people were awesome and the sites where amazing

Needed to pack a larger bag to try to bring them all home lol

as it was we are both into aquariums, so went to Niiagta also, Saw the Armano's Nature Aquarium and we bought home about 45kg of Iwagumi rocks

:clap:
meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Location: Soon to be Gympie
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age:

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby Pearcy001 » June 17th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Awesome video Meanstreak! Can you tell me how long it took to get here from Tokyo? I'm going to be in Japan over Christmas and New Years :yes:

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Last edited by Pearcy001 on June 17th, 2016, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 7:23 pm
Location: Yarraville, VIC
Favorite Species: Natives and Exotics
Bonsai Age:

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby meanstreak » June 17th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Pearcy001 wrote:Awesome video Meanstreak! Can you tell me how long it took to get here from Tokyo? I'm going to be in Japan over Christmas and New Years :yes:

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk


Hey Pearcy,
took us alittle over an hour to get there, very basic trip :)
well worth it, there are maps of Omiya when you get there, we basically caught the train, and then walked the day, weather was beauitful, and such a great place
meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Location: Soon to be Gympie
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age:

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby Pearcy001 » June 17th, 2016, 7:38 pm

meanstreak wrote:
Pearcy001 wrote:Awesome video Meanstreak! Can you tell me how long it took to get here from Tokyo? I'm going to be in Japan over Christmas and New Years :yes:

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk


Hey Pearcy,
took us alittle over an hour to get there, very basic trip :)
well worth it, there are maps of Omiya when you get there, we basically caught the train, and then walked the day, weather was beauitful, and such a great place

Cheers mate!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
User avatar
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 7:23 pm
Location: Yarraville, VIC
Favorite Species: Natives and Exotics
Bonsai Age:

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Postby meanstreak » June 17th, 2016, 7:43 pm

Pearcy001 wrote:
meanstreak wrote:
Pearcy001 wrote:Awesome video Meanstreak! Can you tell me how long it took to get here from Tokyo? I'm going to be in Japan over Christmas and New Years :yes:

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk


Hey Pearcy,
took us alittle over an hour to get there, very basic trip :)
well worth it, there are maps of Omiya when you get there, we basically caught the train, and then walked the day, weather was beauitful, and such a great place

Cheers mate!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk


make sure u take lots of vids and pics also :)
meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Location: Soon to be Gympie
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age:


Return to Japanese Gardens, Ponds and Koi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No Members and 1 guest