Japanese Garden ... in Japan

Share pictures and information about Japanese gardens, ponds, water features and Koi in this forum.
kvan64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: black pine
Bonsai Age: 16

Re: Japanese Garden ... in Japan

Post by kvan64 »

Gerard wrote:Nice pics Kvan,
I noticed it was your 999th post, now you have made it hard for yourself if 1000 is to be something special.
Hi Gerard, Thanks for taking notice. I didn't :) My 1000th post was very ... unspecial (I posted some pics for Toowoomba Japanese garden)
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6032
NathanM wrote:Beautiful pics DK!! Sensational!! Where abouts in Japan is it?
I went to a very ncie garden in Hiroshima, I might put some pics up alter :D
Nathan, this is the Ashikaga in Japan. Actually it's more like a public park there :) Please post your pics here!
Loretta wrote:Absolutely breathtaking breathtaking and breathtaking....what are their secrets I wonder...It's as though they have a magic wand that we westerners don't have!!!! If I was there you wouldn't be able to budge me. Makes our gardens and all the years we put into our plants look insignificant. I look out of my window and look at my garden and think " God Loretta, you're kidding yourself" :lol: :lol: Thank you for posting Kvan.
cheers Loretta
Loretta, you know what, we love our gardens more no matter how insignificant as at the end of the day, it's our gardens :) I think these wisterias have been ground-grown in the garden for years in the natural way - well almost natural. This is a good example that sometimes trees nutured by humans can reach their fullest potential that they may never be able to achieved otherwised. These wisterias are watered, pruned and fertilized regularly. They even have metal frames to support the branching of trees.
Cheers,
DK
Always we hope someone else has the answer.
Bonsai is an art of shrinking.
Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Post by Steven »

Excellent pictures DK. You have a good eye for photography mate.

Which garden is this? I'd like to visit it one day!

Regards,
Steven
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai
kvan64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: black pine
Bonsai Age: 16

Post by kvan64 »

Hi Steven. I love photography but didn't take these myself. These are from the Ashikaga Flower Park in Japan. My uncle and his wife got the opportunity to visit it a couple years back. I would love to visit it sometime in the future too.
Cheers,
DK
Always we hope someone else has the answer.
Bonsai is an art of shrinking.

Return to “Japanese Gardens, Ponds and Koi”