mozzie farm

Share pictures and information about Japanese gardens, ponds, water features and Koi in this forum.
Guy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: juniper
Bonsai Age: 15

mozzie farm

Post by Guy »

:gday: :gday: Just thought I'd post a few photos of my own little piece of paradise -except since the wet year it has become a mozzie haven and has needed to be sprayed before venturing down to do some work in the "hole".This shelter is a disused inground irrigation water tank with a "temporary" roof(8 yrs temporary so far :whistle: )shelves and work bench-the hanging bamboo acts as morning sun shade and as wind chime when breezy- the roof angle filters summers sun and allows winter sunshine in--The Sign was cut out of thin steel and hopefully means "little trees"--If anyone can read japanese :lost: I'm hoping it is right-the untidy messiness of the bench area is normal for me :tu2: -the last three photos show the result of having my 18 yr old son water them while we were away in woolongong for 5 days._he forgot to turn the tap off after watering and the hose fitting popped off--only the top shelf weren't under water for a day or two--- :| -so 2 pumps and 4 hrs and a bit of bucket work fixed it --hopefully no ill effects.I must install a watering system one day :palm: any comments for improving the set up appreciated
latest photos 013.jpg
latest photos 014.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ash
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: ausbonsai

Re: mozzie farm

Post by Ash »

I like it Guy :clap: It has a very 'secret garden' look about it. It is a good source of ideas. I will take your word for it about the writing on your metal sign but it certainly looks the goods. What are the trees in the group 'latest photos 80.jpg'?
Ash
Guy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: juniper
Bonsai Age: 15

Post by Guy »

I like it Guy :clap: It has a very 'secret garden' look about it. It is a good source of ideas. I will take your word for it about the writing on your metal sign but it certainly looks the goods. What are the trees in the group 'latest photos 80.jpg'?
Ash

they are buxus but I am unsure of the variety--the "hole" needs a tidy up and plan to do that within the next decade
bonsai_Dan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Port Jackson Fig
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by bonsai_Dan »

Very nice spot you have there Guy. Looks like it would keep you very busy indeed. I recognize the last symbol which is tree but not sure what the first one is. I googled little tree for you and thats not it unfortunately.

Dan
********************************************************************************************************************************* :aussie:
NaturalSelection
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs Mels Olives
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: none yet

Post by NaturalSelection »

Wow thats an amazing bonsai area! very nice mate! trees too! :)
With all the rain here, couple of my trees ended up under water for almost a day... though it happens in nature from time to time i guess.
NS
blkrota
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines and Juniper

Post by blkrota »

This has to be the best bonsai area to work in that i have seen, It just has a great look to it :tu2:
Dianna
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 5

Post by Dianna »

Hi

I'd like to stress that Japanese is not my first language (but I did study it). I could be way off in what I've found re your sign.

According to my Nelson Japanese-English character dictionary your sign says "ta(chi)ki which means "standing tree, standing timber".

Cheers

Dianna
bonsai_Dan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Port Jackson Fig
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by bonsai_Dan »

Dianna wrote:Hi

I'd like to stress that Japanese is not my first language (but I did study it). I could be way off in what I've found re your sign.

According to my Nelson Japanese-English character dictionary your sign says "ta(chi)ki which means "standing tree, standing timber".

Cheers

Dianna

Ah well done thats the one :D
********************************************************************************************************************************* :aussie:

Return to “Japanese Gardens, Ponds and Koi”