New rock

For lovers of rocks.

Re: New rock

Postby Keep Calm and Ramify » January 19th, 2018, 10:31 pm

melbrackstone wrote:I'd be tempted to use it for an accent like sedum or a succulent... tis a nice rock, but there's not a lot of room in there for a tree's roots. :(

:wave: Sue Bee,
That's a rockin' rock.....but its a small vessel.
I tend to agree with MelB here on the accent approach. Moss &/or some small grasses....?

:imo: this rock is a perfect candidate for a Kusamono type of planting.

kusamono3.jpg

kusamono2.jpg

kusamono.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep Calm and Ramify
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Bonsai Age:

Postby SueBee » January 20th, 2018, 7:56 am

Thanks for the link Shibui. There is some great info there and I cannot wait to get out and try some root cuttings...I wish they also said best time for taking each variety though! :lost: Some people are never satisfied :lost: !
Keep Calm ...... There are some lovely ideas in your images...thank you....and I have the plants for the first one...will give it a try...yes I am beginning to see the space is too small for much in the way of roots- maybe Ivy?
Thanks for Sharing
SueBee

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Marcus Tullius Cicero
SueBee
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Favorite Species: Wisteria,EE.
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: VBC, Always Learning via Net, Reading & practice.

Postby Keep Calm and Ramify » January 20th, 2018, 3:22 pm

SueBee wrote:Keep Calm ...... There are some lovely ideas in your images...thank you....and I have the plants for the first one...will give it a try...yes I am beginning to see the space is too small for much in the way of roots- maybe Ivy?

You Rock Sue Bee! 8-) - Ivy sounds good....what about one of these little fellows below? Shape of the fruit would somewhat be echoed in the roundness of your rock. The flowers would be a plus also. Keep having fun!
kusamono 04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep Calm and Ramify
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Bonsai Age:

Previous

Return to Suiseki and Viewing Stones