New rock

For lovers of rocks.
Keep Calm and Ramify
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: New rock

Post by Keep Calm and Ramify »

melbrackstone wrote:I'd be tempted to use it for an accent like sedum or a succulent... tis a nice rock, but there's not a lot of room in there for a tree's roots. :(

:wave: Sue Bee,
That's a rockin' rock.....but its a small vessel.
I tend to agree with MelB here on the accent approach. Moss &/or some small grasses....?

:imo: this rock is a perfect candidate for a Kusamono type of planting.
kusamono3.jpg
kusamono2.jpg
kusamono.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SueBee
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Wisteria,EE.
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: VBC, Always Learning via Net, Reading & practice.

Post by SueBee »

Thanks for the link Shibui. There is some great info there and I cannot wait to get out and try some root cuttings...I wish they also said best time for taking each variety though! :lost: Some people are never satisfied :lost: !
Keep Calm ...... There are some lovely ideas in your images...thank you....and I have the plants for the first one...will give it a try...yes I am beginning to see the space is too small for much in the way of roots- maybe Ivy?
Thanks for Sharing
SueBee

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Marcus Tullius Cicero
Keep Calm and Ramify
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Keep Calm and Ramify »

SueBee wrote: Keep Calm ...... There are some lovely ideas in your images...thank you....and I have the plants for the first one...will give it a try...yes I am beginning to see the space is too small for much in the way of roots- maybe Ivy?
You Rock Sue Bee! 8-) - Ivy sounds good....what about one of these little fellows below? Shape of the fruit would somewhat be echoed in the roundness of your rock. The flowers would be a plus also. Keep having fun!
kusamono 04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Suiseki and Viewing Stones”