Any new contests on the horizon??

AusBonsai will be holding regular contests about bonsai in Australia and bonsai with Australian natives. Check here for the current contests.
kcpoole
Perpetual Learner
Perpetual Learner
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: the School Of Bonsai

Re: Any new contests on the horizon??

Post by kcpoole »

shibui wrote:Lots of good ideas for competitions in this thread but everyone seems to be waiting for 'THEM' to organise it. I don't think there is anything preventing individuals or groups from holding a competition. All you need is some rules, some prizes (even just flimsy, badly printed certificates and the notoriety of being a winner) and a judge(s) and we are away.

Don't sit around grumbling cause someone else should organise it... Put something in and get it happening.
Yep totally agree Neil

If anyone has an idea, Doco the guidelines and what you would like to see in the Comp, copy one of the existing entry threads and modify to suit.
think about the following
Strating point, Outcome, Timeframe, Judging, Come up with ideas for prizes ( maybe even source some donations for them), and Send them to the Mod team or Steven and see what we can arrange.

It takes quite a bit of time and effort to do the above, but if anyone wants to help arrange them then that help gladly accepted.

also do not forget that entering cops takes a commitment and we do not want us to become just a comp venue with endless comps on offer.

Ken
Check out our Wiki for awesome bonsai information www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki
What is Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Bonsai
What should I do now? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie
How do I grow a Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _a_Bonsai?
Visit a Bonsai nursery to see some real nice trees http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _Nurseries
thoglette
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acer Palmatum
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: The Bonsai Workshop

Post by thoglette »

shibui wrote:Don't sit around grumbling cause someone else should organise it... Put something in and get it happening.
Thanks for putting this out there - for a lot of newcomers (and relative newcomers) it's hard to know how this sort of thing "works" .
Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Post by Steven »

shibui wrote:Lots of good ideas for competitions in this thread but everyone seems to be waiting for 'THEM' to organise it. I don't think there is anything preventing individuals or groups from holding a competition. All you need is some rules, some prizes (even just flimsy, badly printed certificates and the notoriety of being a winner) and a judge(s) and we are away.

Don't sit around grumbling cause someone else should organise it... Put something in and get it happening.
:clap: :cool:
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai
Damian Bee
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: If it looks worthwhile I will give it a go.
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Northwest

Post by Damian Bee »

:hooray:
Steven wrote:

:clap: :cool:
:hooray:
golgotha
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: juniper, ficus
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Campbelltown bonsai club

Post by golgotha »

How about a master and apprentice comp where one of you elder statesmen of bonsai could take a young bonsai enthusiast such as myself and one of our trees and be mentored by the veteran have the newbie do all the work but with tue guiding eye and hand of the veteran.

This would be a good excuse for a comp and a way to pass the knowledge on in a more in depth hands on way to us saplings who are still new to this wonderful hobby.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Current Contest”