[Natural] Callistemon Injune - Kieranrulz

AusBonsai will be holding regular contests about bonsai in Australia and bonsai with Australian natives. Check here for the current contests.
Kieranrulz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: BSA

[Natural] Callistemon Injune - Kieranrulz

Post by Kieranrulz »

Species: Callistemon Injune
Trunk: 8mm
Source: Plants Plus
Cost : $3.75
My Skill Level: Low
PNG image 33.png
PNG image 32.png
Any advice or suggestions welcomed thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God & destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he is destroying is this God he is worshiping - Hubert Reeves
Kieranrulz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: BSA

Re: [Natural] Callistemon Injune - Kieranrulz

Post by Kieranrulz »

April update

Exactly the same method to get to where this is at now as my other entry( same container)
PNG image 67.png
Only difference is that in the long period I didn’t turn this, the new growth after the chop has only grown from one side.

However I kind of like that and was thinking it’s looking like a windswept style so maybe that’s where I’ll take this. Thoughts?
PNG image 68.png
PNG image 69.png
PNG image 70.png
If I do go down that path I imagine I’ll have to move it into its own container (colander or foam box) so I can control the direction. Am I right in thinking that? So hopefully it’ll be ok to move it at this time of year. If I’m not touching the roots and leaving the soil intact I think it should be ok. Again please give feedback as I’m still learning and could use your options.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God & destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he is destroying is this God he is worshiping - Hubert Reeves

Return to “Current Contest”