[NATURAL] Leptospermun Petersonii - Kieranrulz

AusBonsai will be holding regular contests about bonsai in Australia and bonsai with Australian natives. Check here for the current contests.
Kieranrulz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: BSA

[NATURAL] Leptospermun Petersonii - Kieranrulz

Post by Kieranrulz »

Botanical Name: Leptospermum petersonii
Common Name: Lemon scented tea tree
Cost: 3.75 each total $ 33.75

I have 9 trees in total but only 4 come close to the limit at 10mm 9mm and two at 7mm
PNG image 36.png
PNG image 37.png
PNG image 38.png
PNG image 40.png
PNG image 41.png
PNG image 42.png
PNG image 43.png
PNG image 44.png
PNG image 45.png

:fc: that worked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kieranrulz on January 27th, 2019, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God & destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he is destroying is this God he is worshiping - Hubert Reeves
Kieranrulz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [NATURAL] Leptospermun Petersonii - Kieranrulz

Post by Kieranrulz »

Just noticed I missed one
PNG image 46.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God & destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he is destroying is this God he is worshiping - Hubert Reeves
Kieranrulz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [NATURAL] Leptospermun Petersonii - Kieranrulz

Post by Kieranrulz »

April update

Original plan was to plant as many of these onto/into a rock I’d carve but I dropped it and it slip into 3 sections plus a lot of crumbs. I then had a new idea to place the rocks into a pot and plant the trees around it. This reminded me of a place in the bush I used to go when I was about 16. I guess I used to meditate there without realising that’s what I was doing.

I spent ages trying to find a pot that would fit everything I wanted and still fit in with the idea I was imagining. Anyway I ended up with this basically because it was the biggest pot I could find and still afford. Only one bit of the rock and a little piece from the opposite side which seemed to match the shape perfectly and create a little pathway through fit.

Feb 8th I potted them
PNG image 48.png
PNG image 49.png
PNG image 52.png
I wasn’t really sure how to go about deciding which ones to put where so I thought I’ll just go with it and see what comes from it.

Only managed to fit 7 of the 9 into it I’m sure I could have got more but I liked the look of this. I figured I’d put the other 2 into pots in case I had any that didn’t make it, I could swap them out.
PNG image 53.png
PNG image 54.png
PNG image 55.png
PNG image 56.png
PNG image 57.png
I thought I’d just let them settle and I’ll do some wiring later down the track because I couldn’t decide on a front.

Moving to March I decided to quit smoking. This is the point where my trees started to get less and less attention as I wasn’t going outside as often and wasn’t doing much more than watering inconsistently and not watering as each of my trees needed but just in general. I even stopped coming onto ausbonsai as well. There are other reasons why my hobby has taken a back seat but I’ve been getting back to it over April.

So over this month of being slack 2 of the 7 trees have dried up. And the 2 spares as well. One of them seems to still be hanging on so hopefully I can bring it back. It looked like the 2 in the planting so maybe, just maybe they will come back too. Fingers crossed.
PNG image 58.png
PNG image 59.png
PNG image 60.png
PNG image 61.png
So there’s my long ass update. It’s not ideal but I really like this “forest” as it’s my first attempt and however it looks it’s mine so I’m excited to see where I can take it.

Please feel free to make suggestions and criticisms.

Return to “Current Contest”