[Natural] Melaleuca linariifolia - DangerousDave

AusBonsai will be holding regular contests about bonsai in Australia and bonsai with Australian natives. Check here for the current contests.
DangerousDave
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

[Natural] Melaleuca linariifolia - DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave »

Righto, here we go.. my first entry..

Last minute!
A representation of my enthusiasm for the comp? ... absolutely not!
A representation of the threat I pose for claiming the trophy? ... yah, pretty much.

This one is the well known, tried and tested, Melaleuca linariifolia ‘Claret Tops’ variety.

Why did I chose it?
It was actually my back up. I’ve a tonne of natives that fit the bill, but I actually just went and bought this. I have two already, but well over 1cm. They are indestructible, grow super fast here, and seem to style into a form that I feel many would consider ‘natural’ rather easily (we’ll see!). So, I’m entering this as my backup, because my other entries will likely be a little less tried and tested. But I’m entering it first, because I know I’ll probably need it. The other 2 entries I just can’t make up my mind yet...

Sorry about the edits and multiple posts for the entry. Photos wouldn’t load right.

Melaleuca linariifolia
8 bucks
Bunnings

Got one with a strong low branch to probably have a go at twin trunk or mother-son style. See what happens.

Nothing done yet. It’s clearly potted too deep in the soil currently. Will fix that soon. Confident the trunk width won’t be an issue further down, but if it is I’ll scratch the entry.
Last edited by DangerousDave on January 31st, 2019, 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DangerousDave
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [Natural] Melaleuca linariifolia - DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave »

Last edited by DangerousDave on January 31st, 2019, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DangerousDave
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [Natural] Melaleuca linariifolia - DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Current Contest”