Competition closing

AusBonsai will be holding regular contests about bonsai in Australia and bonsai with Australian natives. Check here for the current contests.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Competition closing

Post by Pup »

G,day to all Members Just a reminder that the Bunjingi / Literati submissions close at Midnight tonight.

So if you have not got it in by 12 midnight western standard 3am eastern summer time too late no late entries will be accepted.

I as a judge have set these times, but if any one who is in the northern Hemisphere wishes to enter they have until 9 am Tuesday.

Good luck to all now you have 12 months to prove to yourself and others. That AusBonsai is the best teaching site around.go for it.

Cheers ;) :) Pup

Ps your posting time is automatically entered when you post :roll: :twisted:
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Re: Competition closing

Post by Bretts »

Good one Pup I kept forgetting to put a reminder up. It has been a great response to this but any last entries whould be more than welcome :D
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Post by Pup »

As at 12 noon Western Standard time we had the following entry's.

In the new section category, there are 25 tree's.

In the old section category, there are 16 tree's.

So if you are wanting to enter you have until 12 midnight Western Standard time, which is 3 am 1-12-009 and for our northern hemisphere, cousins 9 am GMT so that gives you some leeway.

Move it or miss out.

Again good luck to all, cheers ;) Pup
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by Bretts »

I believe these are exciting times in bonsai. When we look back at the isolation of bonsai in it's roots in China where different regions developed different styles in potted trees. We are now in the information age where these different styles become a melting pot of Bonsai Ideas as Lindsay puts it.
I have seen many online competitions over the last 5 years that have so many rules that cater to peoples egos to prove who is the best artist. Creating arguments over whether Tunuki bonsai should be included. All we are concerned about here is learning and the fact that we have hundreds of dollars worth of prizes has been the secondary consideration.
I am very proud that we where able to keep the concept simple where the main consideration was to promote learning in the arts of bonsai.
I have seen forums make a big deal out of less achievements so I must convey a big thank you to Pup Stymie and Leigh for volunteering their time into judging and guiding us through this endeavour.
Lets get a big finish to the beginning of this endeavour.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
kcpoole
Perpetual Learner
Perpetual Learner
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: the School Of Bonsai

Post by kcpoole »

Bretts wrote:I believe these are exciting times in bonsai. When we look back at the isolation of bonsai in it's roots in China where different regions developed different styles in potted trees. We are now in the information age where these different styles become a melting pot of Bonsai Ideas as Lindsay puts it.
I have seen many online competitions over the last 5 years that have so many rules that cater to peoples egos to prove who is the best artist. Creating arguments over whether Tunuki bonsai should be included. All we are concerned about here is learning and the fact that we have hundreds of dollars worth of prizes has been the secondary consideration.
I am very proud that we where able to keep the concept simple where the main consideration was to promote learning in the arts of bonsai.
I have seen forums make a big deal out of less achievements so I must convey a big thank you to Pup Stymie and Leigh for volunteering their time into judging and guiding us through this endeavour.
Lets get a big finish to the beginning of this endeavour.
I second those thoughts too Brett :-)

I hope we all get to learn whether competing or not
Check out our Wiki for awesome bonsai information www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki
What is Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Bonsai
What should I do now? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie
How do I grow a Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _a_Bonsai?
Visit a Bonsai nursery to see some real nice trees http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _Nurseries
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Post by Watto »

I would just like to thankyou to the "ideas people" who put this together. We all probably have a few trees sitting around that just need some inspiration or a catalyst to get them moving along.
This has been very good for me and it will help me focus on a few trees over the next year. I hope my trees improve and more importantly I hope I learn a lot.
Thanks.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Current Contest”